Closing programs

Tyrone

Closing programs
With windows xp you only needed to ctrl-alt-del to view running programs and
close them, before installing new software. How do you close programs for xp?
--
Tyrone
Brink

Re: Closing programs

Tyrone;709482 Wrote:
> With windows xp you only needed to ctrl-alt-del to view running programs
> and
> close them, before installing new software. How do you close programs
> for xp?
> --
> Tyrone

Hi Tyrone,

Did you mean in Vista?

If so, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager to close
non-responding programs. You can see more on this in this tutorial if
needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...processes.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
DL

Re: Closing programs
That doesnt neccessarily show all running programs, unless you are also
refering to 'running processes'
Simply close those that show in your task bar, generally by rt clicking on
them to bring up the context menu

"Tyrone" <Tyrone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With windows xp you only needed to ctrl-alt-del to view running programs
> and
> close them, before installing new software. How do you close programs for
> xp?
> --
> Tyrone

Tyrone

Re: Closing programs
Yes, I meant "XP", and thanks!, very much!!
--
Tyrone

"Brink" wrote:

> Tyrone;709482 Wrote:
> > With windows xp you only needed to ctrl-alt-del to view running programs
> > and
> > close them, before installing new software. How do you close programs
> > for xp?
> > --
> > Tyrone

> Hi Tyrone,
>
> Did you mean in Vista?
>
> If so, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager to close
> non-responding programs. You can see more on this in this tutorial if
> needed.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...processes.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)

Tyrone

Re: Closing programs
Thanks, DL!!
--
Tyrone

"DL" wrote:

> That doesnt neccessarily show all running programs, unless you are also
> refering to 'running processes'
> Simply close those that show in your task bar, generally by rt clicking on
> them to bring up the context menu
>
> "Tyrone" <Tyrone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > With windows xp you only needed to ctrl-alt-del to view running programs
> > and
> > close them, before installing new software. How do you close programs for
> > xp?
> > --
> > Tyrone

Brink

Re: Closing programs

Tyrone;711421 Wrote:
> Yes, I meant "XP", and thanks!, very much!!
> --
> Tyrone
>

> "Brink" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Tyrone;709482 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Tyrone,
> > >
> > > Did you mean in Vista?
> > >
> > > If so, you can press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager to close
> > > non-responding programs. You can see more on this in this tutorial if
> > > needed.
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...processes.html
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> > > them.*
> > > '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Your welcome Tyrone. Did these posts help fix your problem?

Shawn