Junk E-Mail Options

JamesJ

Junk E-Mail Options
On occasions I receive email that when I right click on and select Junk
E-Mail
the menu's items are disabled.
Can anyone tell me why this is so???

James

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Junk E-Mail Options
"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> On occasions I receive email that when I right click on and select Junk
> E-Mail
> the menu's items are disabled.
> Can anyone tell me why this is so???
>
> James

We heard you the first time but I guess no one knows the answer.
This isn't Microsoft here ... we're all volunteers.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

JamesJ

Re: Junk E-Mail Options
Sorry, just got a bit upset with this email.
Thought someone else had this experience.

Thanks,
James

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> On occasions I receive email that when I right click on and select Junk
>> E-Mail
>> the menu's items are disabled.
>> Can anyone tell me why this is so???
>>
>> James
>>

> We heard you the first time but I guess no one knows the answer.
> This isn't Microsoft here ... we're all volunteers.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> Do not reply with email

Steve Cochran

Re: Junk E-Mail Options
What about Message | Junk email ? Do you have options there?

steve

> Sorry, just got a bit upset with this email.
> Thought someone else had this experience.
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> "Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>> On occasions I receive email that when I right click on and select Junk
>>> E-Mail
>>> the menu's items are disabled.
>>> Can anyone tell me why this is so???
>>>
>>> James
>>>

>> We heard you the first time but I guess no one knows the answer.
>> This isn't Microsoft here ... we're all volunteers.
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
>> Do not reply with email

Mark H

Re: Junk E-Mail Options
What e-mail client are you using?

Assuming Windows Mail... try the right newsgroup instead of spamming the
communities:
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail

You would find the answer quickly by searching for "Junk"... on
1/7/2008:
robertmiles points out the use of KB941090 to fix the problem.

Otherwise,
Did you try Google? Microsoft.com?
Suggested search patterns:
"junk e-mail" "context menu"
"windows mail" junk delete
"windows mail" junk options

Are you're options set correctly?
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...b45da1033.mspx

If you are not even looking at the mail in the junk mail folder, then just
create a rule that automatically deletes anything that ends up there.
Or,
Set up Junk E-mail to Permanently Delete Suspected Junk E-Mail (instead of
moving it to the Junk E-Mail Folder.)

Or,
Select the Junk E-mail folder (one click)
Press Ctrl-A (two keys to select all messages)

We have answers, but a minimal amount of searching would have saved you some
frustration.
And, a little more detail would have saved me some frustration.

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> On occasions I receive email that when I right click on and select Junk
> E-Mail
> the menu's items are disabled.
> Can anyone tell me why this is so???
>
> James

JamesJ

Re: Junk E-Mail Options
Got rid of the message.
Nex time, and I'm sure there will be, I'll check.

James

"Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
> What about Message | Junk email ? Do you have options there?
>
> steve
>
> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry, just got a bit upset with this email.
>> Thought someone else had this experience.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James
>>
>> "Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in
>> message news:CFF9DA8D-4D5E-4A28-AD6B-EB92912EF4B9@microsoft.com...
>>> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message

>>> We heard you the first time but I guess no one knows the answer.
>>> This isn't Microsoft here ... we're all volunteers.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
>>> Do not reply with email

JamesJ

Re: Junk E-Mail Options

"Mark H" <jmhonzell@nospam.comcast.net> wrote in message
> What e-mail client are you using?
>
> Assuming Windows Mail... try the right newsgroup instead of spamming the
> communities:
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
>
> You would find the answer quickly by searching for "Junk"... on
> 1/7/2008:
> robertmiles points out the use of KB941090 to fix the problem.
>

> Otherwise,
> Did you try Google? Microsoft.com?
> Suggested search patterns:
> "junk e-mail" "context menu"
> "windows mail" junk delete
> "windows mail" junk options
>
> Are you're options set correctly?
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...b45da1033.mspx
>
> If you are not even looking at the mail in the junk mail folder, then just
> create a rule that automatically deletes anything that ends up there.
> Or,
> Set up Junk E-mail to Permanently Delete Suspected Junk E-Mail (instead of
> moving it to the Junk E-Mail Folder.)
>
> Or,
> Select the Junk E-mail folder (one click)
> Press Ctrl-A (two keys to select all messages)
>
> We have answers, but a minimal amount of searching would have saved you
> some
> frustration.
> And, a little more detail would have saved me some frustration.
>

> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> On occasions I receive email that when I right click on and select Junk
>> E-Mail
>> the menu's items are disabled.
>> Can anyone tell me why this is so???
>>
>> James

JamesJ

Re: Junk E-Mail Options
sorry

"Mark H" <jmhonzell@nospam.comcast.net> wrote in message
> What e-mail client are you using?
>
> Assuming Windows Mail... try the right newsgroup instead of spamming the
> communities:
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
>
> You would find the answer quickly by searching for "Junk"... on
> 1/7/2008:
> robertmiles points out the use of KB941090 to fix the problem.
>

> Otherwise,
> Did you try Google? Microsoft.com?
> Suggested search patterns:
> "junk e-mail" "context menu"
> "windows mail" junk delete
> "windows mail" junk options
>
> Are you're options set correctly?
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...b45da1033.mspx
>
> If you are not even looking at the mail in the junk mail folder, then just
> create a rule that automatically deletes anything that ends up there.
> Or,
> Set up Junk E-mail to Permanently Delete Suspected Junk E-Mail (instead of
> moving it to the Junk E-Mail Folder.)
>
> Or,
> Select the Junk E-mail folder (one click)
> Press Ctrl-A (two keys to select all messages)
>
> We have answers, but a minimal amount of searching would have saved you
> some
> frustration.
> And, a little more detail would have saved me some frustration.
>

> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> On occasions I receive email that when I right click on and select Junk
>> E-Mail
>> the menu's items are disabled.
>> Can anyone tell me why this is so???
>>
>> James

Mark H

Re: Junk E-Mail Options
Don't worry about it...
You are not alone and I hope the information led you to an answer.