How To Change Os Language From French To English

thundererol

How To Change Os Language From French To English

I Bought A New Vaio With Operating System Interface Language In French.
Vista Home Premium. Because In France They Sell Only French O.s. Vista
(not Office, Vista Itself)

How Can I Change The Vista Interface (start Button-programs-menus)
Language From French To English?

Thank You.

--
thundererol
DL

Re: How To Change Os Language From French To English
I believe you would have to purchase an English language version of Vista

"thundererol" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I Bought A New Vaio With Operating System Interface Language In French.
> Vista Home Premium. Because In France They Sell Only French O.s. Vista
> (not Office, Vista Itself)
>
> How Can I Change The Vista Interface (start Button-programs-menus)
> Language From French To English?
>
> Thank You.
>

> --
> thundererol

Bruce Chambers

thundererol wrote:
> I Bought A New Vaio With Operating System Interface Language In French.
> Vista Home Premium. Because In France They Sell Only French O.s. Vista
> (not Office, Vista Itself)
>
> How Can I Change The Vista Interface (start Button-programs-menus)
> Language From French To English?
>
> Thank You.

Unless you have Vista Ultimate or Enterprise, you'd have to
purchase and install an English version of Vista. MUI (Multilingual
User Interface) packs are only available in Windows Vista Ultimate and
Windows Vista Enterprise.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Rick Rogers

Re: How To Change Os Language From French To English

1) Upgrade to Ultimate using Anytime Upgrade, then you can install the
english language pack.

2) Purchase a full version copy of Vista Home in english and install it
cleanly.

3) Try this product: http://www.froggie.sk/ which I've seen recommended for
this issue, but have not tried myself so I can't vouch for it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"thundererol" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I Bought A New Vaio With Operating System Interface Language In French.
> Vista Home Premium. Because In France They Sell Only French O.s. Vista
> (not Office, Vista Itself)
>
> How Can I Change The Vista Interface (start Button-programs-menus)
> Language From French To English?
>
> Thank You.
>

> --
> thundererol

cqui3

"thundererol" <guest@unknown-email.com> a écrit dans le message de

> I Bought A New Vaio With Operating System Interface Language In French.
> Vista Home Premium. Because In France They Sell Only French O.s. Vista
> (not Office, Vista Itself)
>
> How Can I Change The Vista Interface (start Button-programs-menus)
> Language From French To English?
>
> Thank You.
>

> --
> thundererol

I am afraid it cannot be done - unless you have Vista Ultimate (or Business
?),
But Sony may accept to send you an English copy of the OS.

thundererol

Re: How To Change Os Language From French To English

Thank you for your valuable replies.

froggie.sk files did not help.

I am trying to get help from VAIO to see if they can supply me with
Vista Home Premium 32 bit English.

I have not seen a problem like this in any forum. So, I hope we can
solve it together.

--
thundererol
regine

Re: How To Change Os Language From French To English

I bought an acer lapop in france but need to use it with an english
version of vista instead of a french one.(vista home basic) can you
please help?

--
regine
regine's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/143760.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Malke

regine wrote:

> I bought an acer lapop in france but need to use it with an english
> version of vista instead of a french one.(vista home basic) can you
> please help?

Vista Home Basic does not provide the ability to change languages. You would
need to purchase a full version of Vista Home Basic in English and do a
clean install. You might want to check with Acer to see if they will sell
you an English recovery disc set since that will be cheaper and easier.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!