Office 2007 Word

Avery Tom Deacon Harry

Office 2007 Word
Is there a way I can get the latest Word to look and act like the 2000 version.
The reason, of course, is that 2007 is rubbish. I say this because NOTHING
is where logic says it should be kept, and when I do finally find what I want
(if indeed what I want is still possible, and sometimes it is not), the
instructions are scattered all over.
I mean, these stupid "ribbons" that don't contain all the options they
should, and some they should not.
For instance - inserting pictures.
It used to be that you could insert a picture and then perform ALL the
operations on that picture in one place. However, now it is necessary to go
to three or more places (by a lengthy process) to make the changes. Sometimes
it is necessary to revisit each point several times before the changes are
satisfactory.
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Office 2007 Word
"Avery Tom Deacon Harry" <Avery Tom Deacon Harry@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:046C83DF-18DF-413B-BF66-69B9A2A42302@microsoft.com...
> Is there a way I can get the latest Word to look and act like the 2000
> version.
> The reason, of course, is that 2007 is rubbish. I say this because NOTHING
> is where logic says it should be kept, and when I do finally find what I
> want
> (if indeed what I want is still possible, and sometimes it is not), the
> instructions are scattered all over.
> I mean, these stupid "ribbons" that don't contain all the options they
> should, and some they should not.
> For instance - inserting pictures.
> It used to be that you could insert a picture and then perform ALL the
> operations on that picture in one place. However, now it is necessary to
> go
> to three or more places (by a lengthy process) to make the changes.
> Sometimes
> it is necessary to revisit each point several times before the changes are
> satisfactory.

This might help you..

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ma...CE011347481033

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Avery Tom Deacon Harry

Re: Office 2007 Word
OK. Installed that.
Great.
Now how do I get it to display just the earlier style menu's and toolbars etc?

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> "Avery Tom Deacon Harry" <Avery Tom Deacon Harry@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:046C83DF-18DF-413B-BF66-69B9A2A42302@microsoft.com...
> > Is there a way I can get the latest Word to look and act like the 2000
> > version.
> > The reason, of course, is that 2007 is rubbish. I say this because NOTHING
> > is where logic says it should be kept, and when I do finally find what I
> > want
> > (if indeed what I want is still possible, and sometimes it is not), the
> > instructions are scattered all over.
> > I mean, these stupid "ribbons" that don't contain all the options they
> > should, and some they should not.
> > For instance - inserting pictures.
> > It used to be that you could insert a picture and then perform ALL the
> > operations on that picture in one place. However, now it is necessary to
> > go
> > to three or more places (by a lengthy process) to make the changes.
> > Sometimes
> > it is necessary to revisit each point several times before the changes are
> > satisfactory.

> This might help you..
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ma...CE011347481033
>

> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
> How to construct a good post..
> http://dts-l.com/goodpost.htm
> How to use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups..
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...help&style=toc
> Mike's Window - My Blog..

Avery Tom Deacon Harry

Re: Office 2007 Word
So Word is now ok (sort of) but how do I correct the new (dis)improved
version of Powerpoint as it is now impossible to use easily?