Windows Vista and Outlook password saving

=?Utf-8?B?S2VuIEtyYW1tZQ==?=

Windows Vista and Outlook password saving
It appears that the passwords for POP mail aren't saved in Windows Vista.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Richard G. Harper

Re: Windows Vista and Outlook password saving
They are for me. Delete and re-create the mail account.

"Ken Kramme" <Ken Kramme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It appears that the passwords for POP mail aren't saved in Windows Vista.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks.

Jane C

Re: Windows Vista and Outlook password saving
Which version of Outlook? There is an issue with Outlook 2002, I believe,
not being able to retain passwords in Vista.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
"Ken Kramme" <Ken Kramme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It appears that the passwords for POP mail aren't saved in Windows Vista.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks.

Chad Harris

Re: Windows Vista and Outlook password saving
Hello Ken--

As Jane says, the password issue is with 2002. There is another issue with
OL 2000. We can't tell much about your issue because you didn't say which
OL you're using.

See:

www.slipstick.com

Outlook and Vista
Which versions of Outlook work with Vista?

Outlook 2007, naturally, along with Outlook 2003.

Outlook 2002 works fine but email account passwords are not saved. This is
because Outlook stores passwords in protected storage interface and Vista
does not support it.

Outlook 2000 in Internet only mode (IMO) loads but the address book does not
work - it needs the Windows Address Book files (wab.dll), which is not found
in Vista. Corporate mode seems to work fine in my limited tests, once you
get past the Outlook Start Up screen and verify it should be the default
mail client. (This dialog comes up every time I restart Outlook.) Either
switch to Corporate mode or upgrade to Outlook 2007. Vista's Mail and
Calendar applications are viable alternatives to Outlook for many home
users.

Outlook 98 IMO will not work correctly due to the missing wab.dll. I haven't
yet tested Outlook 98 Corp or Outlook 97 with Vista, but frankly, if you are
still using either version you need to either upgrade to Outlook 2007 or
switch to Vista's Mail and Calendar applications. Both have security issues
and need to be retired.

Don't look for Microsoft to release patches to fix any issues that may come
up with Outlook2002 and older, as they are all well past their mainstream
support lifecycle.

CH

It's pronounced Alberto Gonnnnnne Zales who has purjured himself before
Congress as has the Deputy AG McNulty. The real criminals are at DOJ.

"Ken Kramme" <Ken Kramme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It appears that the passwords for POP mail aren't saved in Windows Vista.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks.

mikerapolas

Re: Windows Vista and Outlook password saving
I have the same problem. I am using Outlook 2000.

Every time I try to read my mail I am asked for my password then I have to
click on send/receive before I can view.

How can the password be saved and where?
--
Thank you so much, Mike

"Chad Harris" wrote:

> Hello Ken--
>
> As Jane says, the password issue is with 2002. There is another issue with
> OL 2000. We can't tell much about your issue because you didn't say which
> OL you're using.
>
> See:
>
> www.slipstick.com
>
> Outlook and Vista
> Which versions of Outlook work with Vista?
>
> Outlook 2007, naturally, along with Outlook 2003.
>
> Outlook 2002 works fine but email account passwords are not saved. This is
> because Outlook stores passwords in protected storage interface and Vista
> does not support it.
>
> Outlook 2000 in Internet only mode (IMO) loads but the address book does not
> work - it needs the Windows Address Book files (wab.dll), which is not found
> in Vista. Corporate mode seems to work fine in my limited tests, once you
> get past the Outlook Start Up screen and verify it should be the default
> mail client. (This dialog comes up every time I restart Outlook.) Either
> switch to Corporate mode or upgrade to Outlook 2007. Vista's Mail and
> Calendar applications are viable alternatives to Outlook for many home
> users.
>
> Outlook 98 IMO will not work correctly due to the missing wab.dll. I haven't
> yet tested Outlook 98 Corp or Outlook 97 with Vista, but frankly, if you are
> still using either version you need to either upgrade to Outlook 2007 or
> switch to Vista's Mail and Calendar applications. Both have security issues
> and need to be retired.
>
> Don't look for Microsoft to release patches to fix any issues that may come
> up with Outlook2002 and older, as they are all well past their mainstream
> support lifecycle.
>
> CH
>
> It's pronounced Alberto Gonnnnnne Zales who has purjured himself before
> Congress as has the Deputy AG McNulty. The real criminals are at DOJ.
>

> "Ken Kramme" <Ken Kramme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It appears that the passwords for POP mail aren't saved in Windows Vista.
> >
> > Please advise.
> >
> > Thanks.

Aris

RE: Windows Vista and Outlook password saving
I have the same issue and after looking through all the posts I have
discovered the solution. Simply pay more money to fix the Vista issue by
purchasing Outlook 2007. Microsoft won't fix it so we're SOL. Whenyou come
across the next inevitable Vista issue that can't be fixed Microsoft will by
then have been kind enough to put the fixed version of Vista on the market
with a new name just like they've been doing since Windows 3.1 for an even
higher price. next time, do what I'm going to do-buy a MAC.