How do I roll back Dreamscene?

Roknrol

How do I roll back Dreamscene?
I used DreamScene Preview without any problems. I stopped using it for
awhile and recently attempted to run it, only to find out that M$ crippled
their final release. Preview worked great for me - I'd like to roll
Dreamscene back to the functional version that I can use. I have the
original .cab file for DreamScene Preview, and am capable of uninstalling the
full version without any problems - is there any way to install the older
version manually?

Thanks!
James
Brink

Re: How do I roll back Dreamscene?

Roknrol;708518 Wrote:
> I used DreamScene Preview without any problems. I stopped using it for
> awhile and recently attempted to run it, only to find out that M$
> crippled
> their final release. Preview worked great for me - I'd like to roll
> Dreamscene back to the functional version that I can use. I have the
> original .cab file for DreamScene Preview, and am capable of
> uninstalling the
> full version without any problems - is there any way to install the
> older
> version manually?
>
> Thanks!
> James

Hi James,

You might consider using the free Stardock DreamScene instead. It is a
lot better IMO with more dream scenes to choose from.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...eskscapes.html

For DreamScene, did you not get it throught the same method in this
tutorial?

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...reamscene.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Roknrol

"Brink" wrote:

> Roknrol;708518 Wrote:
> > I used DreamScene Preview without any problems. I stopped using it for
> > awhile and recently attempted to run it, only to find out that M$
> > crippled
> > their final release. Preview worked great for me - I'd like to roll
> > Dreamscene back to the functional version that I can use. I have the
> > original .cab file for DreamScene Preview, and am capable of
> > uninstalling the
> > full version without any problems - is there any way to install the
> > older
> > version manually?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > James

> Hi James,
>
> You might consider using the free Stardock DreamScene instead. It is a
> lot better IMO with more dream scenes to choose from.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...eskscapes.html
>

> For DreamScene, did you not get it throught the same method in this
> tutorial?
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...reamscene.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)

Roknrol

"Brink" wrote:

> Roknrol;708518 Wrote:
> > I used DreamScene Preview without any problems. I stopped using it for
> > awhile and recently attempted to run it, only to find out that M$
> > crippled
> > their final release. Preview worked great for me - I'd like to roll
> > Dreamscene back to the functional version that I can use. I have the
> > original .cab file for DreamScene Preview, and am capable of
> > uninstalling the
> > full version without any problems - is there any way to install the
> > older
> > version manually?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > James

> Hi James,
>
> You might consider using the free Stardock DreamScene instead. It is a
> lot better IMO with more dream scenes to choose from.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...eskscapes.html
>

> For DreamScene, did you not get it throught the same method in this
> tutorial?
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...reamscene.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)

Roknrol

Re: How do I roll back Dreamscene?
Sorry about the blank post...this isn't the easiest Forum to use *sigh*

Ok...I got Stardock Deskscapes, and it still doesn't resolve my problem. I
still get an error message saying that I can't use it because I have more
than one video card.

The easiest solution, AFAIK, is going to be to "roll back" DreamScene to the
Preview version (which worked).

Any suggestions?

James

"Brink" wrote:

> Roknrol;708518 Wrote:
> > I used DreamScene Preview without any problems. I stopped using it for
> > awhile and recently attempted to run it, only to find out that M$
> > crippled
> > their final release. Preview worked great for me - I'd like to roll
> > Dreamscene back to the functional version that I can use. I have the
> > original .cab file for DreamScene Preview, and am capable of
> > uninstalling the
> > full version without any problems - is there any way to install the
> > older
> > version manually?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > James

> Hi James,
>
> You might consider using the free Stardock DreamScene instead. It is a
> lot better IMO with more dream scenes to choose from.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...eskscapes.html
>

> For DreamScene, did you not get it throught the same method in this
> tutorial?
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...reamscene.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink
>
> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> them.*
> '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)

Roknrol

RE: How do I roll back Dreamscene?
After ALOT of searching, I found exactly the thing to fix my problem.

Windows Update Downloader: http://wud.jcarle.com/

It allows you to download past updates for whatever version of windows your
using, and it installs them for you.

For those of you that are using Vista Ultimate and have been silly(?) enough
to install more than one video card, you can EASILY reinstall DeskScapes
Preview, which should work for you until such a time as M$ actually realizes
that some people with high-end computers actually use more than two monitors.

James

Roknrol;710426 Wrote:
> After ALOT of searching, I found exactly the thing to fix my problem.
>
> Windows Update Downloader: 'Windows Updates Downloader (WUD)'
> (http://wud.jcarle.com/)
>
> It allows you to download past updates for whatever version of windows
> your
> using, and it installs them for you.
>
> For those of you that are using Vista Ultimate and have been silly(?)
> enough
> to install more than one video card, you can EASILY reinstall
> DeskScapes
> Preview, which should work for you until such a time as M$ actually
> realizes
> that some people with high-end computers actually use more than two
> monitors.
>
> James
>
> "Roknrol" wrote:
> > > >
> > > I used DreamScene Preview without any problems. I stopped using it

> > for
> > > awhile and recently attempted to run it, only to find out that M$

> > crippled
> > > their final release. Preview worked great for me - I'd like to roll
> > > Dreamscene back to the functional version that I can use. I have the
> > > original .cab file for DreamScene Preview, and am capable of

> > uninstalling the
> > > full version without any problems - is there any way to install the

> > older
> > > version manually?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > James > >

James,

I'm glad to hear that your sorted your problem. Thank your for sharring
it.

Shawn