Problems with Vista Business registration number

Computer Loco Girl!

Problems with Vista Business registration number
Hi!
I bouught my computer at the store about 3 months ago and it was all fine
until it had a little problem. It had a Windows Vista Basic program and the
problem was a hardrive one. I took it to the computer repairman to fix the
problem so everything would be ok. But once it came back it came with a
Windows XP program. I was gonna buy the Windows Vista again but I called my
computer technician and he told me to take it there because not only it
didn't had Windows Vista but it couldn't access the internet, not even with
an Ethernet. I took it to the repairman once again and when I picked up my
computer it had Windows Vista Business. Everything was fine until today when
I access my computer and it says that 'The Windows Vista Ultimete product key
you typed is invalid for activation'! Also it says that my computer is a
Dell when it clearly is an Acer (although it has intel premium Dual-core
inside) What can I do?
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Problems with Vista Business registration number
You'll need to acquire the Acer recovery disc and reinstall
the Windows Vista operating system your Acer computer
originally came with.

Acer Recovery Media Purchase Program
https://secure3.tx.acer.com/RCD/Main.aspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Computer Loco Girl!" wrote:

[...]
Rick Rogers

Re: Problems with Vista Business registration number
Hi,

I hope you reported this repair person to your local better business bureau
as he has violated several laws regarding OS licensing.

He didn't repair anything. He first installed XP without providing a
license, then install Vista Business (obviously a stolen Dell OEM copy)
without providing a license. He fixed nothing and never addressed the actual
problem. You need, as Carey has mentioned, your original licensed OS
installed with the necessary proprietary driver support for the installed
hardware.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/