Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Transferring Data

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2008
SQ
 

Posts: n/a
Transferring Data
I jus got a new laptop and was using the easy transfer cable from XP to
Vista. I transferred the programs, but when I open them up on the new
laptop, one says a required registration key was not found. Another program
needs a serial number.....aren't these supposed to come over in the transfer?
I downloaded the one program needing a registration key and it did not
install correctly. Does anyone have any idea what I can do.

Any help would be appreciated as the one program is a qualitative research
coding program and is very expensive.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-10-2008
DL
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Transferring Data
Personally I would install the programs from their origonally supplied
media, & not rely on any transfer wizard

"SQ" <SQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9D8BF2FF-7223-4300-A748-C66B535C9083@microsoft.com...
>I jus got a new laptop and was using the easy transfer cable from XP to
> Vista. I transferred the programs, but when I open them up on the new
> laptop, one says a required registration key was not found. Another
> program
> needs a serial number.....aren't these supposed to come over in the
> transfer?
> I downloaded the one program needing a registration key and it did not
> install correctly. Does anyone have any idea what I can do.
>
> Any help would be appreciated as the one program is a qualitative research
> coding program and is very expensive.
>
> Thanks.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2008
SQ
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Transferring Data
I did install the one software program from the originally supplied media,
but when it is done installing, it comes back with an error message saying
not installed correctly.

"DL" wrote:

> Personally I would install the programs from their origonally supplied
> media, & not rely on any transfer wizard
>
> "SQ" <SQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:9D8BF2FF-7223-4300-A748-C66B535C9083@microsoft.com...
> >I jus got a new laptop and was using the easy transfer cable from XP to
> > Vista. I transferred the programs, but when I open them up on the new
> > laptop, one says a required registration key was not found. Another
> > program
> > needs a serial number.....aren't these supposed to come over in the
> > transfer?
> > I downloaded the one program needing a registration key and it did not
> > install correctly. Does anyone have any idea what I can do.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated as the one program is a qualitative research
> > coding program and is very expensive.
> >
> > Thanks.

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2008
DL
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Transferring Data
Then you would need to contact their support

"SQ" <SQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FB3785E6-89A0-40B1-9735-0ABBCA6F0E08@microsoft.com...
>I did install the one software program from the originally supplied media,
> but when it is done installing, it comes back with an error message saying
> not installed correctly.
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> Personally I would install the programs from their origonally supplied
>> media, & not rely on any transfer wizard
>>
>> "SQ" <SQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:9D8BF2FF-7223-4300-A748-C66B535C9083@microsoft.com...
>> >I jus got a new laptop and was using the easy transfer cable from XP to
>> > Vista. I transferred the programs, but when I open them up on the new
>> > laptop, one says a required registration key was not found. Another
>> > program
>> > needs a serial number.....aren't these supposed to come over in the
>> > transfer?
>> > I downloaded the one program needing a registration key and it did not
>> > install correctly. Does anyone have any idea what I can do.
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated as the one program is a qualitative
>> > research
>> > coding program and is very expensive.
>> >
>> > Thanks.

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transferring data & programs from old hard drive Ross820 microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 3 01-28-2008 03:57
Transferring data from Windows 98 kat microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 4 01-26-2008 22:22
Random Lockups when transferring data or using I.E Jackson microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 07-22-2007 14:48
Slow Data Transferring Rizal microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 05-17-2007 05:42
Transferring data from XP to Vista (Using Router) Jack microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 05-14-2007 19:33




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:37.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120