Problem viewing folders

D R Jenkins

Problem viewing folders
I tried to change the display settings in my 'preferences' or 'personalise'
folder, clicking on a bigger resolution made the display too big for my
screen but then reverted back because i could not confirm it. Since then any
folder windows I open appear off screen. The start bar and programs such as
internet explorer open fine on screen and maximise as normal, but all folder
windows, recycle bin, control panel etc appear to open off screen. I've
changed my start bar settings so i can access control panel by expanding
folders in the classic way but i still cannot access my 'personalise' folder.
i cannot thing of any other way to get it back to normal and I've only been
using Vista for an hour.
Thanks.
Brink

Re: Problem viewing folders

D R Jenkins;707320 Wrote:
> I tried to change the display settings in my 'preferences' or
> 'personalise'
> folder, clicking on a bigger resolution made the display too big for my
> screen but then reverted back because i could not confirm it. Since
> then any
> folder windows I open appear off screen. The start bar and programs
> such as
> internet explorer open fine on screen and maximise as normal, but all
> folder
> windows, recycle bin, control panel etc appear to open off screen. I've
> changed my start bar settings so i can access control panel by
> expanding
> folders in the classic way but i still cannot access my 'personalise'
> folder.
> i cannot thing of any other way to get it back to normal and I've only
> been
> using Vista for an hour.
> Thanks.

Hi D R Jenkins,

You might try booting into Safe Mode and change the display settings
back there. This way you will be able to have everything onscreen to see
what you are doing. This tutorial will show you how to boot into Safe
Mode if needed.

SAFE MODE:
'Safe Mode' (http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/123496-safe-mode.html)

SCREEN RESOLUTION:
'Screen Resolution'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/84...esolution.html)

You might also check to make sure that you DPI settings are not above
the default 96 DPI. This can cause everything to appear large and
offscreen as well. Here's a tutorial on it to.

'DPI Scaling'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/84...i-scaling.html)

Hope this helps you,
Shawn