Screensavers

violet

Screensavers
Ok, this might sound ridiculous, but I have just bought a new laptop and I am
trying to change the screen saver to one i downloaded.... but when i go to
change it, i can only choose from those in the drop-down box, which are the
ones that came with it. Any suggestions please???
Bender

Re: Screensavers
You have to install the screen saver. Usually you can just execute the
downloaded screensaver file. If the downloaded file has a .scr extension you
can right click on it and choose either "Test, Configure or Install".

"violet" <violet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news7F19BE7-C97B-44C7-B6A8-DD0AB090114A@microsoft.com...
> Ok, this might sound ridiculous, but I have just bought a new laptop and I
> am
> trying to change the screen saver to one i downloaded.... but when i go to
> change it, i can only choose from those in the drop-down box, which are
> the
> ones that came with it. Any suggestions please???

t-4-2

Re: Screensavers

violet;706812 Wrote:
> Ok, this might sound ridiculous, but I have just bought a new laptop and
> I am
> trying to change the screen saver to one i downloaded.... but when i go
> change it, i can only choose from those in the drop-down box, which are
> the
> ones that came with it. Any suggestions please???

Hello violet,
Drag&drop your purchased screensaver to your Pictures folder. It will
be automatically included in your screensaver list. Inform me if it's ok
this time.

--
t-4-2
t-4-2

Re: Screensavers

t-4-2;707244 Wrote:
> > violet;706812 Wrote:
> > Ok, this might sound ridiculous, but I have just bought a new laptop and
> > I am
> > trying to change the screen saver to one i downloaded.... but when i go
> > change it, i can only choose from those in the drop-down box, which are
> > the
> > ones that came with it. Any suggestions please???> >

> Hello violet,
> Drag&drop your downloaded screensaver to your Pictures folder. It
> will be automatically included in your screensaver list. Inform me if
> it's ok this time.

Hello violet,
On 2nd thought the method I mentioned is not what you really want. If
you drag/drop the screensaver to the Pictures folder, it will be
included in the pictures list, not by itself. My apology!

--
t-4-2
Bender

Re: Screensavers
A day ago I replied to the OP how to install a screen saver. Did you not
bother to read my reply?