Installing Software on Vista

SDM912

Installing Software on Vista
I downloaded a software from my employer's website and saved it on my
desktop. I then tried to install the software and a message poped up
stating; The Administrator have set policies to prevent installation. I'm
the adminitrator. I also tried to right click on the software and hit run as
adminstrator but that was not an available opiton.
--
Thanks for your timely reponse..
PvdG42

Re: Installing Software on Vista
"SDM912" <SDM912@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded a software from my employer's website and saved it on my
> desktop. I then tried to install the software and a message poped up
> stating; The Administrator have set policies to prevent installation. I'm
> the adminitrator. I also tried to right click on the software and hit run
> as
> adminstrator but that was not an available opiton.
> --
> Thanks for your timely reponse..

Are you able to install other software on your machine, or does this happen
with all software?
Have you checked with your employer to see if the software is
Vista-compatible? If they say it is, is there a support office you can
contact for assistance?
As the software is (probably) not available to potential responders here,
it's impossible to know if the problem is with the software you want to
install, or with Vista.

Leo

Re: Installing Software on Vista
This may help.

Step by step instruction on how to take ownership of a folder

Run CMD (as administrator) and type: takeown [path] /f <filename or folder>

OR

- Right-click the file/folder you want to own, click properties

- Click Security Tab

- Click Advanced

- Click the Owner Tab

- Click Edit

- Select the Administrators group from the list

- Click OK

- Click OK

- Click OK

You have now taken 'Ownership' of the file and you can close the property

Windows

Now again

1) Right-click on the file

2) Select Properties

3) Go to the Security tab again, click the Advanced button

4) Now Press Edit, then double-click 'Administrators' in the list and tick

the 'allow' box for 'Full control'

You have now taken 'Full control' of file

--
Leo

"I contend that, for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity, is
like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the
handle." - Winston Churchill