UAC and scripts

sputnik

UAC and scripts
What is Microsofts solution if you run vbscripts for administrative
tasks and these are affected by UAC ?

Swicthing UAC off requires a restart, once to disable and then once to
enable UAC once script has finished running, which hardly makes the
administrative change transparent to the user. Group policies are handy
to do this, and was a good idea but the question is the restart thats
required.

You can turn it off completely and leave it off which sounds like the
best idea, but I'm really curious about Microsoft's take on this ? There
must be some big companies using scripts out there. How do people get
around this ?

cheers
Anthony [MVP]

Re: UAC and scripts
Hi Sputnik,
Have you looked at the new Group Policy Preferences in Vista SP1/Server
2008? You can do a lot of thing that would previously have been scripted.
Otherwise, what are you scripting that causes a problem with UAC?
Anthony,
http://www.airdesk.co.uk

"sputnik" <sputnik@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What is Microsofts solution if you run vbscripts for administrative tasks
> and these are affected by UAC ?
>
> Swicthing UAC off requires a restart, once to disable and then once to
> enable UAC once script has finished running, which hardly makes the
> administrative change transparent to the user. Group policies are handy
> to do this, and was a good idea but the question is the restart thats
> required.
>
> You can turn it off completely and leave it off which sounds like the best
> idea, but I'm really curious about Microsoft's take on this ? There must
> be some big companies using scripts out there. How do people get around
> this ?
>
> cheers

sputnik

Re: UAC and scripts