'Recent Files' on Start Menu has lost special attributes

JeffG

'Recent Files' on Start Menu has lost special attributes
Most of the items on the right of the Start Menu have special attributes, in
that they show an info tooltip on mouseover and have specially tailored
right-click menus.

My Recent Files item seems to have lost its special attributes and the
right-click menu is now just a standard one, with no option to clear the list
(if I want to do this, I now have to go to my roaming profile and delete the
shortcuts manually).

What caused this, and how do I fix it?

(I searched for a sample of tooltip text like 'See the disk drives' in the
registry, but nothing came up)
JW

Re: 'Recent Files' on Start Menu has lost special attributes
Strange, Clear recent Items is available with a right click on my on my
Vista32 Home Premium SP1 system and with the list displayed and can right
click and delete any individual shortcut from the list
"JeffG" <JeffG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Most of the items on the right of the Start Menu have special attributes,
> in
> that they show an info tooltip on mouseover and have specially tailored
> right-click menus.
>
> My Recent Files item seems to have lost its special attributes and the
> right-click menu is now just a standard one, with no option to clear the
> list
> (if I want to do this, I now have to go to my roaming profile and delete
> the
> shortcuts manually).
>
> What caused this, and how do I fix it?
>
> (I searched for a sample of tooltip text like 'See the disk drives' in the
> registry, but nothing came up)

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: 'Recent Files' on Start Menu has lost special attributes
"Clear Recent Items List" option missing when you right-click on the Recent folder:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...nt-folder.html

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog: http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
Windows® Troubleshooting: http://www.winhelponline.com

"JeffG" <JeffG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC64D34-6D8A-4296-AD8F-195B75C60794@microsoft.com...
Most of the items on the right of the Start Menu have special attributes, in
that they show an info tooltip on mouseover and have specially tailored
right-click menus.

My Recent Files item seems to have lost its special attributes and the
right-click menu is now just a standard one, with no option to clear the list
(if I want to do this, I now have to go to my roaming profile and delete the
shortcuts manually).

What caused this, and how do I fix it?

(I searched for a sample of tooltip text like 'See the disk drives' in the
registry, but nothing came up)
JeffG

Re: 'Recent Files' on Start Menu has lost special attributes
Thanks Ramesh. Fixed the problem.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: 'Recent Files' on Start Menu has lost special attributes
You're welcome Jeff.