windows home server connector software

Rhett B

windows home server connector software
I have 3 vista and 2 xp computers on a network plus the windows home server,
all the computers can see and access the server via windows explorer. The
home server connector software installed on two of the five computers, on the
other 3 it backed out of its installation when it could not find the server.
On the other 2 it installed but it could still not find the server. I ran the
home server toolkit v1.0 and it came up with 4 to 6 possible solutions which
seemed like 4 to 6 too many possible solutions considering that the server is
accessable to all via windows explorer. On the server side it cannot see any
of the 5 PC's but it can see the PC's through it's own windows explorer. I
have tried all sorts of configurations on my Zone Alarm firewall short of
uninstalling it. Any ideas on how to get the connector software to access the
server and vise versa so I can use all the advertised features?
AJR

Re: windows home server connector software
Rhett - Home Server is based upon Windows Server 2003 - you do not identify
the computers regarding the Connector installations - evidently the 3
failures were Vista units (explaining why you posted to a Vista newsgroup).

Suggest you check the Home Server blog and forum (do Google).