Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

SP1 Stage 3 of 3 0% complete

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-04-2008
John D Leonard -- Sage
 

Posts: n/a
SP1 Stage 3 of 3 0% complete
Tried to install the update SP1 for Vista Business and got hung with Stage 3
of 3 - 0% complete - Do not restart .....

I did re-start and ran it in Safe mode. Stage 3 of 3 completed 100% and
re-started the computer.

When starting up the system got hung again with Stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete -
Do not restart ?

I have more than what is required for disk space and memory.

Is the answer to run it as a "Standalone install"?

thx

I see a lot of others have this problem.

I did not see a post on it?



Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2008
churin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: SP1 Stage 3 of 3 0% complete
Are your trying to install it from CD?

John D Leonard -- Sage wrote:
> Tried to install the update SP1 for Vista Business and got hung with
> Stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete - Do not restart .....
>
> I did re-start and ran it in Safe mode. Stage 3 of 3 completed 100% and
> re-started the computer.
>
> When starting up the system got hung again with Stage 3 of 3 - 0%
> complete - Do not restart ?
>
> I have more than what is required for disk space and memory.
>
> Is the answer to run it as a "Standalone install"?
>
> thx
>
> I see a lot of others have this problem.
>
> I did not see a post on it?
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2008
John D Leonard -- Sage
 

Posts: n/a
Re: SP1 Stage 3 of 3 0% complete
No - I downloaded the live update and installed it.

Now I have downloaded the Stand Alone version and wonder if this is the fix?

thx

"churin" <churin@new.postalias> wrote in message
news:u6Q0CdkrIHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Are your trying to install it from CD?
>
> John D Leonard -- Sage wrote:
>> Tried to install the update SP1 for Vista Business and got hung with
>> Stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete - Do not restart .....
>>
>> I did re-start and ran it in Safe mode. Stage 3 of 3 completed 100% and
>> re-started the computer.
>>
>> When starting up the system got hung again with Stage 3 of 3 - 0%
>> complete - Do not restart ?
>>
>> I have more than what is required for disk space and memory.
>>
>> Is the answer to run it as a "Standalone install"?
>>
>> thx
>>
>> I see a lot of others have this problem.
>>
>> I did not see a post on it?
>>
>>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2008
churin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: SP1 Stage 3 of 3 0% complete
Sorry for this late reply.
I installed SP1 with no issue from standalone installer which is saved
in a hard drive.

John D Leonard -- Sage wrote:
> No - I downloaded the live update and installed it.
>
> Now I have downloaded the Stand Alone version and wonder if this is the
> fix?
>
> thx
>
> "churin" <churin@new.postalias> wrote in message
> news:u6Q0CdkrIHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Are your trying to install it from CD?
>>
>> John D Leonard -- Sage wrote:
>>> Tried to install the update SP1 for Vista Business and got hung with
>>> Stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete - Do not restart .....
>>>
>>> I did re-start and ran it in Safe mode. Stage 3 of 3 completed 100%
>>> and re-started the computer.
>>>
>>> When starting up the system got hung again with Stage 3 of 3 - 0%
>>> complete - Do not restart ?
>>>
>>> I have more than what is required for disk space and memory.
>>>
>>> Is the answer to run it as a "Standalone install"?
>>>
>>> thx
>>>
>>> I see a lot of others have this problem.
>>>
>>> I did not see a post on it?
>>>
>>>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2008
Donald L McDaniel
 

Posts: n/a
Re: SP1 Stage 3 of 3 0% complete
On Sun, 11 May 2008 12:10:59 -0400, churin <churin@new.postalias>
wrote:

>Sorry for this late reply.
>I installed SP1 with no issue from standalone installer which is saved
>in a hard drive.
>
>John D Leonard -- Sage wrote:
>> No - I downloaded the live update and installed it.
>>
>> Now I have downloaded the Stand Alone version and wonder if this is the
>> fix?
>>
>> thx
>>
>> "churin" <churin@new.postalias> wrote in message
>> news:u6Q0CdkrIHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Are your trying to install it from CD?
>>>
>>> John D Leonard -- Sage wrote:
>>>> Tried to install the update SP1 for Vista Business and got hung with
>>>> Stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete - Do not restart .....
>>>>
>>>> I did re-start and ran it in Safe mode. Stage 3 of 3 completed 100%
>>>> and re-started the computer.
>>>>
>>>> When starting up the system got hung again with Stage 3 of 3 - 0%
>>>> complete - Do not restart ?
>>>>
>>>> I have more than what is required for disk space and memory.
>>>>
>>>> Is the answer to run it as a "Standalone install"?
>>>>
>>>> thx
>>>>
>>>> I see a lot of others have this problem.
>>>>
>>>> I did not see a post on it?
>>>>
>>>>


The "Stage 3 of 3" stops on "0%" for a long time, usually. IF YOU WILL
LEAVE IT ALONE, it will finish.

NOW, IF it takes all day, then something is obviously wrong with your
installation.

Otherwise, just let it finish.


Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the correct thread and article.
================================================
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SP1 Stage 3 installation hangs at 56% George Skulski microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 04-21-2008 11:31
Vista SP1 - stuck on stage 3 sjroe1 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 03-22-2008 03:46
Vista x64 sp1 hangs on stage 3 after 76% Dani microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 03-12-2008 13:11
Stage 3 of 3 JamesCanale@gmail.com microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 02-18-2008 23:38
Stage Weapons Banned Paul Security News 0 04-25-2007 16:22




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:31.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120