Vista Home Basic Install Problem

KenH

Vista Home Basic Install Problem
I bought an OEM version of Vista to upgrade my XP machine. Couldn't seem to
get it to install from XP, so I wiped the HD and booted from the Vista
install DVD. After 15-20 minutes of trying to copy files from DVD to HD, I
get a message: Windows Setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine -
To install Windows restart the installation. But I seem to get the same
message after restarting the install.
Anyone have any idea how to get past this issue, to a successful Vista
install?
Thanks.

KenH
Bobster

RE: Vista Home Basic Install Problem
I'm having the same issue with a oem vista reinstall. No matter what I do I
get the same message. I have tried all the usual things(format, delete
partitions, installing xp 1st, etc, etc) but to no avail.

"KenH" wrote:

> I bought an OEM version of Vista to upgrade my XP machine. Couldn't seem to
> get it to install from XP, so I wiped the HD and booted from the Vista
> install DVD. After 15-20 minutes of trying to copy files from DVD to HD, I
> get a message: Windows Setup could not reinitialize the deployment engine -
> To install Windows restart the installation. But I seem to get the same
> message after restarting the install.
> Anyone have any idea how to get past this issue, to a successful Vista
> install?
> Thanks.
>
> KenH

Colin Barnhorst

Re: Vista Home Basic Install Problem
You couldn't get it to install from XP because OEM copies don't have any
upgrade functionality. Only retail copies do that. OEM copies are not
meant for end users anyway. They are for people who put together computers
for sale to customers.

You don't give any info about your computer, such as the make and model or
mobo, types of hdds, memory, video card or anything else so it is hard to
tell what is not working right. Please post back with your specs and
whether the Vista dvd is a branded disc.