Vista Installation

Vicky

Vista Installation
When I put the cd into my driver, the installation window does not appear.
Help!
PaulM

Re: Vista Installation
Its not a CD it’s a DVD and you must have it set in the BIOS to boot from
the DVD drive first.

www.paulsxp.com
www.paulsxp.com/forum

"Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I put the cd into my driver, the installation window does not appear.
> Help!

Vicky

Re: Vista Installation
How do I do that? I've tried to put it in my dvd drive as well and nothing
happens.

"PaulM" wrote:

> Its not a CD it’s a DVD and you must have it set in the BIOS to boot from
> the DVD drive first.

> www.paulsxp.com
> www.paulsxp.com/forum
>
> "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I put the cd into my driver, the installation window does not appear.
> > Help!

PaulM

Re: Vista Installation
Go into your BIOS, set the DVD drive to boot first. You will see hit any key
to boot from CD when you boot.
To get into your bios, you hit DEL or F12 or what ever it is on your
computer when you boot up. It all depends on the brand of computer you have.
What computer do you have?

> How do I do that? I've tried to put it in my dvd drive as well and nothing
> happens.
>
> "PaulM" wrote:
>
>> Its not a CD it’s a DVD and you must have it set in the BIOS to boot from
>> the DVD drive first.

>> www.paulsxp.com
>> www.paulsxp.com/forum
>>
>> "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I put the cd into my driver, the installation window does not
>> > appear.
>> > Help!

Vicky

Re: Vista Installation
Oh I have HP. Step by Step would be nice, thanks so much!

"PaulM" wrote:

> Go into your BIOS, set the DVD drive to boot first. You will see hit any key
> to boot from CD when you boot.
> To get into your bios, you hit DEL or F12 or what ever it is on your
> computer when you boot up. It all depends on the brand of computer you have.
> What computer do you have?

> www.paulsxp.com
> www.paulsxp.com/forum
>
> "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I do that? I've tried to put it in my dvd drive as well and nothing
> > happens.
> >
> > "PaulM" wrote:
> >
> >> Its not a CD it’s a DVD and you must have it set in the BIOS to boot from
> >> the DVD drive first.
> >>
> >> --
> >> www.paulsxp.com
> >> www.paulsxp.com/forum

PaulM

Re: Vista Installation
Its F1 or F2, laptop its Esc. When in BIOS look for the boot order and
change it to boot from CD.

--

> Oh I have HP. Step by Step would be nice, thanks so much!
>
> "PaulM" wrote:
>
>> Go into your BIOS, set the DVD drive to boot first. You will see hit any
>> key
>> to boot from CD when you boot.
>> To get into your bios, you hit DEL or F12 or what ever it is on your
>> computer when you boot up. It all depends on the brand of computer you
>> have.
>> What computer do you have?

>> www.paulsxp.com
>> www.paulsxp.com/forum
>>
>> "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I do that? I've tried to put it in my dvd drive as well and
>> > nothing
>> > happens.

Vicky

Re: Vista Installation
I did what you said, but when it says, "Disk Boot Failure, insert system disk
and press enter," i do and the same thing comes up. I think my computer is
just messed up. anything else i could try. Thanks so much!

"PaulM" wrote:

> Its F1 or F2, laptop its Esc. When in BIOS look for the boot order and
> change it to boot from CD.
>
> --
>
> "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Oh I have HP. Step by Step would be nice, thanks so much!
> >
> > "PaulM" wrote:
> >
> >> Go into your BIOS, set the DVD drive to boot first. You will see hit any
> >> key
> >> to boot from CD when you boot.
> >> To get into your bios, you hit DEL or F12 or what ever it is on your
> >> computer when you boot up. It all depends on the brand of computer you
> >> have.
> >> What computer do you have?
> >>
> >> --
> >> www.paulsxp.com
> >> www.paulsxp.com/forum

Vicky

Re: Vista Installation
Does the dvdrom have a different name in the "Boot Order" because all I see
is Cdrom. Maybe that might help...