SP1 is not visible with Windows update?

Ulrik

SP1 is not visible with Windows update?
I am currently running Vista Vista Home Premium (danish) and want to install
Vista SP1 with use of Windows Update.

Why can't I see SP1 with use of Windows Update?

I had already read the article-id 948343 at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343, but it do not help me.

All my drivers and firmware are updated, and all other updates on Windows
Update are installed.
And all my hardware and software is currently running wihtout problems.

Can I try to install the standalone "all language" version af SP1 instead on
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...isplayLang=da?

Hope someone have an solution.
Thanks!
Ulrik

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: SP1 is not visible with Windows update?
Yes, you can install SP1 using the standalone file.
It may even install quicker.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Ulrik" <Ulrik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56CFD4E7-D525-45C4-91D2-180FABE0CE9B@microsoft.com...
I am currently running Vista Vista Home Premium (danish) and want to install
Vista SP1 with use of Windows Update.

Why can't I see SP1 with use of Windows Update?

I had already read the article-id 948343 at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343, but it do not help me.

All my drivers and firmware are updated, and all other updates on Windows
Update are installed.
And all my hardware and software is currently running wihtout problems.

Can I try to install the standalone "all language" version af SP1 instead on
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...isplayLang=da?

Hope someone have an solution.
Thanks!
Ulrik

PaulB

RE: SP1 is not visible with Windows update?
Disconect all USB devices except for your mouse/keyboard and check windows
update againg.
--
Paul

"Ulrik" wrote:

> I am currently running Vista Vista Home Premium (danish) and want to install
> Vista SP1 with use of Windows Update.
>
> Why can't I see SP1 with use of Windows Update?
>
> I had already read the article-id 948343 at
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343, but it do not help me.
>
> All my drivers and firmware are updated, and all other updates on Windows
> Update are installed.
> And all my hardware and software is currently running wihtout problems.
>
> Can I try to install the standalone "all language" version af SP1 instead on
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...isplayLang=da?
>
> Hope someone have an solution.
> Thanks!
> Ulrik

tempting2taanzaa

Re: SP1 is not visible with Windows update?
I thought all of my drivers were updated as well. My sound driver wasn't
one of the listed 'problematic drivers' from the KB article. Windows update
offered a newer driver and finally SP1 was offered.

--
Check out the great stores listed here! Receive special offers! Visit
http://driven.mysite.com