Empty user profile after joining Windows 2003 domain

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXN0aWFuIFdpcnRo?=

Empty user profile after joining Windows 2003 domain
Dear newsgroup,

strange thing about Vista Ultimate: After booking a Hewlett Packard TC 4400
notebook to a domain it looses the user profile information after every
restart.
The domain user was booked into the local admin group but nothing changed.

I tried this already some time ago with a Hewlett Packard NC 6400 notebook
where exactly the same happend.

This time I used a 100% fresh installation without any HP drivers resulting
in the same problem.

Can anybody point in the right direction?

I found a different thread in this newsgroup where the problem was but
nobody could help here.

Regards,

Christian Wirth

Pee Jay

RE: Empty user profile after joining Windows 2003 domain
I've got the same issue, as i posted in a reply up under Not Retaining
Profile Settings
Surely someone must have the answer. Did you find that it saved it for other
users? I did and i found if i delete the user of the server and recreate it
it starts to work but i don't want to have to do this for all the users i
upgrade.

Pj

"Christian Wirth" wrote:

> Dear newsgroup,
>

> strange thing about Vista Ultimate: After booking a Hewlett Packard TC 4400
> notebook to a domain it looses the user profile information after every
> restart.
> The domain user was booked into the local admin group but nothing changed.
>
> I tried this already some time ago with a Hewlett Packard NC 6400 notebook
> where exactly the same happend.
>
> This time I used a 100% fresh installation without any HP drivers resulting
> in the same problem.
>
> Can anybody point in the right direction?
>
> I found a different thread in this newsgroup where the problem was but
> nobody could help here.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christian Wirth

Pee Jay

RE: Empty user profile after joining Windows 2003 domain
Solved It!
(at least for me)
This problem solved itself when we removed the user logging on from various
groups. I'm afraid i didn't bother trying to narrow it down to a perticular
one but I should imagine it was Domain Guests or similar as apparently Vista
deals with those groups slightly diffently and only allows member to have
temporary profiles.
Hope this helps