Too many "old" laptops!

skip

Too many "old" laptops!
I have had many computers and replaced HD's over the years. I just keep
copying the old to the new. My hierarchical chart is a mess! I want to
clean it up with my latest laptop. Currently, I keep track of my different
businesses by using seperate files in "my documents". In my latest laptop, I
want to try and clean everything up by creating a different user accounts for
each businesses. Problem is with easy transfer I will have the same mess as
in the older laptops. Can I set up Vista with different user accounts and
transfer only those files to each each new account using a USB thumb drive?
And is there a link to show me how to acomplish this.

Skip
--
skip
Frankster

Re: Too many "old" laptops!
> In my latest laptop, I want to try and clean everything up by creating a
> different user accounts for each businesses.

This is confusing. User accounts? You want them to logon to your laptop?

-Frank
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Too many "old" laptops!
"skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have had many computers and replaced HD's over the years. I just keep
> copying the old to the new. My hierarchical chart is a mess! I want to
> clean it up with my latest laptop. Currently, I keep track of my
> different
> businesses by using seperate files in "my documents". In my latest laptop,
> want to try and clean everything up by creating a different user accounts
> for
> each businesses. Problem is with easy transfer I will have the same mess
> as
> in the older laptops. Can I set up Vista with different user accounts and
> transfer only those files to each each new account using a USB thumb
> drive?
> And is there a link to show me how to acomplish this.
>
> Skip
> --
> skip

The easiest way is to network new and old together..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Mick Murphy

RE: Too many "old" laptops!
Very confusing post!
Set up the seperate business user accounts.
Then log into one account and copy your files you want to from USB Flash
Drive to that user account's documents.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia