Repairing a DLL Message which apperas on Start-Up

Nick1

Repairing a DLL Message which apperas on Start-Up
I keep getting two error messages everytime I start up my Vista. They appear
in the form as Run DLL and contain the following:

Error Loading The specified module can not be found

C:\Users\Nick|AppData\Local\Temp\jkkKbCtU.dll

any ideas how to fix?
--
Nick
Rick Rogers

Re: Repairing a DLL Message which apperas on Start-Up
Hi,

Click start and type msconfig, then hit <enter>. Go to the startup tab,
uncheck the line that loads that module. Click apply/ok, reboot at leisure.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Nick1" <Nick1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting two error messages everytime I start up my Vista. They
>appear
> in the form as Run DLL and contain the following:
>
> Error Loading The specified module can not be found
>
> C:\Users\Nick|AppData\Local\Temp\jkkKbCtU.dll
>
> any ideas how to fix?
> --
> Nick

Douglas

Re: Repairing a DLL Message which apperas on Start-Up
Hi rick,

Can you help me here:

Im getting this issue upon starty up:

C:\\Windows\system32\WindowsCodecs.dll

Exception processing message 0x000007b parameters 0x758E023C 0x758E023C
0x758E023c 0x758E023C

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Click start and type msconfig, then hit <enter>. Go to the startup tab,
> uncheck the line that loads that module. Click apply/ok, reboot at leisure.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Nick1" <Nick1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I keep getting two error messages everytime I start up my Vista. They
> >appear
> > in the form as Run DLL and contain the following:
> >
> > Error Loading The specified module can not be found
> >
> > C:\Users\Nick|AppData\Local\Temp\jkkKbCtU.dll
> >
> > any ideas how to fix?
> > --
> > Nick

Malke

Douglas wrote:

> Hi rick,
>
> Can you help me here:
>
> Im getting this issue upon starty up:
>

> C:\\Windows\system32\WindowsCodecs.dll
>
> Exception processing message 0x000007b parameters 0x758E023C 0x758E023C
> 0x758E023c 0x758E023C

You've inserted your post into someone else's thread. Your issues have
nothing to do with the Original Poster's so you should make a new post and
include all pertinent details about your system and the recent history of
the machine. These links will help you with that:

Before you do that, go to Google and use the search term
"WindowsCodecs.dll". Doing that produces quite a few links. Since I don't
know anything about your computer, I don't know which of those links will
be applicable to your situation but it is certainly worth your time looking
at them yourself.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Malke

Nick1 wrote:

> I keep getting two error messages everytime I start up my Vista. They
> appear in the form as Run DLL and contain the following:
>
> Error Loading The specified module can not be found
>
> C:\Users\Nick|AppData\Local\Temp\jkkKbCtU.dll
>
> any ideas how to fix?

Your computer is infected with one of the many variants of Vundo. Apparently
this particular file is no longer on your system (perhaps you ran a
cleanup), but it is extremely unlikely that your system is truly
malware-free since current variants of Vundo can be very difficult to
remove.

Consider going to one of the specialty forums listed below (in no particular
order) and getting guided help to make sure your computer is clean. PLEASE
DO NOT POST HIJACK THIS LOGS IN THE MS NEWSGROUPS.

http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm - HijackThis tutorial by Merijn
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...howtutorial=42 - another
tutorial
http://aumha.net/ - Click on the HijackThis forum. Read the announcement and
the stickies *first*.
http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5

After you've chosen a forum, register and read its posting FAQ. You will
generally be asked to:

1. Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT) -
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...HJTInstall.exe

2. Disable Notepad's word wrap - In Notepad.exe; Format --> uncheck; "Word
wrap"

3. Download/run Deckard's System Scanner -
http://www.techsupportforum.com/sect...eckard/dss.exe

4. Save the scan results (Main.txt and Extra.txt)

5. And then post the contents of Main.txt and Extra.txt in your post at the
forum you chose. DO NOT POST LOGS IN THE MS NEWSGROUPS.

Malke