stuck in reboot look after windows update

=?Utf-8?B?Q0hD?=

stuck in reboot look after windows update
Hi,

I ran the windows update this morning and it updated 5 items (didn't really
pay that much attention to what they were )

Now after the system restart it is getting to just before the login prompt,
states it is configuring updates then shutsdown again. it has been in this
look for the last hour.

I have tried safe mode, same thing. last known good configuration, no joy
either.

Plesae help me!

CC

shah is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vista problem, stuck at "configuring updates"
Hi,
We have the same problem.
This morning a Windows Vista Business Edition in our office is down after applying Microaoft Automatic Update. The update in the process of rebooting, hangs at the screen with this message "configuring updates". And nothing works trying to fix/restore the system, even trying to boot in the safe mode . The repair from the original disk also does not work?
Has anyone else had the same problem?
Is there any fix?
This is really bad ....
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

RE: stuck in reboot look after windows update
Hello,
Use F8 and choose not to autorestart,
What is the error message that you are getting?

boot to the DVD and choose the repair option in the loser right-hand side
of the screen.
Let it try to repair your system.
There should be a system restore option that would allow you to roll back.

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------

--
shah

shah is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Resolved
Hi Darren,

Thanks for trying to help. I spent 73 Minutes with Microsoft Support Level 2 and he could not fix the problem. His last recommendation was to reinstall windows Vista and all other applications. I told him that would be my last option as installing Vista by itself take long time and as we are a software company we have huge amount of software and tools installed on our PCs.

But for the Record and for benefit of other people with windows Vista, don't install windows update until this issue is address. It might be safe for many people to install the update but if there is even a small chance of loosing your OS and all applications installed on it don't risk it.

Nadz is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I to have this problem, even in safe mode it wants to install an update it stays at 0% and then says it wants to shut down.

I really dont fancy installing XP over again.

Any help please.
terter

Re: stuck in reboot look after windows update

any one have fix it yet .. I have the same problem
after reboot stuck in update window stated

"Configuring Update :State 3 0f 3 0% complete"
then shut down , restart & back to the same window
i have Windows Vista Business Edition .

--
terter

Nadz is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have reinstalled Vista and turned off updates.

My version of Vista is Home premium.
rogan08

Re: stuck in reboot look after windows update

I found a way... Without re-installing everything
- Boot with your Vista installation DVD
- Perform a "System Restore" (to access this choose "Repair your
computer" AND NOT "Install now")
- Select a restore point (before the upgrade)

Then, my computer restarted properly.

The first thing I did then was to disable the automatic update.

Hope it will work for you as well !

--
rogan08
Viv B

rogan08;613838 Wrote:
> I found a way... Without re-installing everything
> - Boot with your Vista installation DVD
> - Perform a "System Restore" (to access this choose "Repair your
> computer" AND NOT "Install now")
> - Select a restore point (before the upgrade)
>
> Then, my computer restarted properly.
>
> The first thing I did then was to disable the automatic update.
>
> Hope it will work for you as well !

many thanks for the tip, worked for me and better than the 2 hours on
phone to Dell

--
Viv B