windows defender uninstalled my mistakeup

raczer

windows defender uninstalled my mistakeup
upgraded my xp os to vista home premium. uninstalled windows defender by
mistake. cannot reinstall defender from download page because my computer is
telling me that the defender software came with the vista upgrade. any help?
--
rick
Mick Murphy

RE: windows defender uninstalled my mistakeup
You can not uninstall it, as it is part of the Vista OS.
How do you know it is not there?
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"raczer" wrote:

> upgraded my xp os to vista home premium. uninstalled windows defender by
> mistake. cannot reinstall defender from download page because my computer is
> telling me that the defender software came with the vista upgrade. any help?
> --
> rick

raczer

RE: windows defender uninstalled my mistakeup
I just assumed that it was gone because I'm getting an application failed to
intialized 0x800700002 message
--
rick

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> You can not uninstall it, as it is part of the Vista OS.
> How do you know it is not there?
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "raczer" wrote:
>
> > upgraded my xp os to vista home premium. uninstalled windows defender by
> > mistake. cannot reinstall defender from download page because my computer is
> > telling me that the defender software came with the vista upgrade. any help?
> > --
> > rick

t-4-2

raczer;695292 Wrote:
> upgraded my xp os to vista home premium. uninstalled windows defender by
> mistake. cannot reinstall defender from download page because my
> computer is
> telling me that the defender software came with the vista upgrade. any
> help?
> --
> rick

Hello rick,
I was waiting for Mick Murphy to return to your reply, but since he has
not, allow me to butt in. My guess is you had, by mistake, turned off
the windows defender. Follow the link below ahowing you how to turn it
back on. Please read the NOTE section before you jump in.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/93...ender-off.html

--
t-4-2
raczer

Re: windows defender uninstalled my mistakeup
Thanks but when I click on the defender icon I get a no program associated
with the file. I's gone
--
rick

"t-4-2" wrote:

> raczer;695292 Wrote:
> > upgraded my xp os to vista home premium. uninstalled windows defender by
> > mistake. cannot reinstall defender from download page because my
> > computer is
> > telling me that the defender software came with the vista upgrade. any
> > help?
> > --
> > rick

> Hello rick,
> I was waiting for Mick Murphy to return to your reply, but since he has
> not, allow me to butt in. My guess is you had, by mistake, turned off
> the windows defender. Follow the link below ahowing you how to turn it
> back on. Please read the NOTE section before you jump in.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/93...ender-off.html
>

> --
> t-4-2

t-4-2

raczer;696145 Wrote:
> Thanks but when I click on the defender icon I get a no program
> associated
> with the file. I's gone
> --
> rick
>

> "t-4-2" wrote:
> > > >

> > > raczer;695292 Wrote:
> > > Hello rick,
> > > I was waiting for Mick Murphy to return to your reply, but since he

> > has
> > > not, allow me to butt in. My guess is you had, by mistake, turned off
> > > the windows defender. Follow the link below ahowing you how to turn

> > it
> > > back on. Please read the NOTE section before you jump in.
> > >
> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/93...ender-off.html
> > >

> > > --
> > > t-4-2

Hello rick,
Remember I told you to read the NOTE section ? Here, save your trip.

3644

|Filename: Capture.JPG |
|Download: http://vista64.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3644|

t-4-2
raczer

Re: windows defender uninstalled my mistakeup
Thanks for your input but I still get a no program associated with this file
message when i click on the window defender in the control panel.
--
rick

"t-4-2" wrote:

> raczer;696145 Wrote:
> > Thanks but when I click on the defender icon I get a no program
> > associated
> > with the file. I'ts gone
> > --
> > rick

> > > has
> > > it

> Hello rick,
> Remember I told you to read the NOTE section ? Here, save your trip.
>
> 3644

> |Filename: Capture.JPG |
> |Download: http://vista64.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3644|

> t-4-2

t-4-2

raczer;697240 Wrote:
> Thanks for your input but I still get a no program associated with this
> file
> message when i click on the window defender in the control panel.
> --
> rick
>

> "t-4-2" wrote:
> > > >

> > > raczer;696145 Wrote:
> > > Hello rick,
> > > Remember I told you to read the NOTE section ? Here, save your trip.
> > >
> > > 3644
> > >

> > > +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> > > |Filename: Capture.JPG |

> > http://vista64.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3644|
> > >
> > > --
> > > t-4-2

Hello rick,
I'm sorry I did not explain properly. What I mean is : go back to the
link I gave you, go to the NOTE section, there are 2 links. Click the A)
link and follow the instructions under Resolution. The instructions are
clear and simple. Good luck.

--
t-4-2