Obtaining Vista 64 bit DVD

Scoochi2

Obtaining Vista 64 bit DVD
I have recently bought Vista Home Premium and so far have had no problems
with the 32 bit edition. However, my system has 8GB RAM and so really I would
rather have the 64 bit edition for obvious reasons.
However, I have had no luck at all obtaining the DVD.

I have been through
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ons/64bit.mspx
several times. I use language English (Intl) and ship to UK. Then I enter my
product key and the captcha. After a brief delay, I always get the following
message
"We're sorry, the following error(s) have occurred: The Product Key you have
entered is invalid. Please try again."

Does anyone know why Microsoft will not allow me the 64 bit software? Or am
I doing something wrong?
Or alternatively, if anyone knows of another way of getting the DVD, I'm all
ears
JW

Re: Obtaining Vista 64 bit DVD
Is your Product Key from a retail version of Home Premium and not from an
OEM version or from a System purchased with 32bit Home Premium already
installed? If not that is why it is invalid.
Does your system have a 64bit CPU and a MOBO that supports more then 4GB of
RAM?
"Scoochi2" <Scoochi2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently bought Vista Home Premium and so far have had no problems
> with the 32 bit edition. However, my system has 8GB RAM and so really I
> would
> rather have the 64 bit edition for obvious reasons.
> However, I have had no luck at all obtaining the DVD.
>
> I have been through
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ons/64bit.mspx
> several times. I use language English (Intl) and ship to UK. Then I enter
> my
> product key and the captcha. After a brief delay, I always get the
> following
> message
> "We're sorry, the following error(s) have occurred: The Product Key you
> have
> entered is invalid. Please try again."
>

> Does anyone know why Microsoft will not allow me the 64 bit software? Or
> am
> I doing something wrong?
> Or alternatively, if anyone knows of another way of getting the DVD, I'm
> all
> ears

AJR

Re: Obtaining Vista 64 bit DVD
Each version requires an unique key. In addition to JW's post - Vista 64 bit
version requires signed or certified drivers limiting available
applications.

"Scoochi2" <Scoochi2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently bought Vista Home Premium and so far have had no problems
> with the 32 bit edition. However, my system has 8GB RAM and so really I
> would
> rather have the 64 bit edition for obvious reasons.
> However, I have had no luck at all obtaining the DVD.
>
> I have been through
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ons/64bit.mspx
> several times. I use language English (Intl) and ship to UK. Then I enter
> my
> product key and the captcha. After a brief delay, I always get the
> following
> message
> "We're sorry, the following error(s) have occurred: The Product Key you
> have
> entered is invalid. Please try again."
>

> Does anyone know why Microsoft will not allow me the 64 bit software? Or
> am
> I doing something wrong?
> Or alternatively, if anyone knows of another way of getting the DVD, I'm
> all
> ears

JW

Re: Obtaining Vista 64 bit DVD
When you boot Vista64 bit in Safemode you can select to install drivers that
are not signed. This has to be done each time you want to install a non
signed driver.

"AJR" <ajrjdr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Each version requires an unique key. In addition to JW's post - Vista 64
> bit version requires signed or certified drivers limiting available
> applications.
>
> "Scoochi2" <Scoochi2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have recently bought Vista Home Premium and so far have had no problems
>> with the 32 bit edition. However, my system has 8GB RAM and so really I
>> would
>> rather have the 64 bit edition for obvious reasons.
>> However, I have had no luck at all obtaining the DVD.
>>
>> I have been through
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ons/64bit.mspx
>> several times. I use language English (Intl) and ship to UK. Then I enter
>> my
>> product key and the captcha. After a brief delay, I always get the
>> following
>> message
>> "We're sorry, the following error(s) have occurred: The Product Key you
>> have
>> entered is invalid. Please try again."
>>

>> Does anyone know why Microsoft will not allow me the 64 bit software? Or
>> am
>> I doing something wrong?
>> Or alternatively, if anyone knows of another way of getting the DVD, I'm
>> all
>> ears

Scoochi2

"JW" wrote:

> Is your Product Key from a retail version of Home Premium and not from an
> OEM version or from a System purchased with 32bit Home Premium already
> installed? If not that is why it is invalid.
> Does your system have a 64bit CPU and a MOBO that supports more then 4GB of
> RAM?

Alas, it is OEM.
As for the CPU and MOBO, no worries there!
Curious

Re: Obtaining Vista 64 bit DVD
I have a retail upgrade version and have both the 32 bit DVD and the 64 bit
DVD and they use the same product key for installing either one.
"AJR" <ajrjdr@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Each version requires an unique key. In addition to JW's post - Vista 64
> bit version requires signed or certified drivers limiting available
> applications.
>
> "Scoochi2" <Scoochi2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have recently bought Vista Home Premium and so far have had no problems
>> with the 32 bit edition. However, my system has 8GB RAM and so really I
>> would
>> rather have the 64 bit edition for obvious reasons.
>> However, I have had no luck at all obtaining the DVD.
>>
>> I have been through
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ons/64bit.mspx
>> several times. I use language English (Intl) and ship to UK. Then I enter
>> my
>> product key and the captcha. After a brief delay, I always get the
>> following
>> message
>> "We're sorry, the following error(s) have occurred: The Product Key you
>> have
>> entered is invalid. Please try again."
>>

>> Does anyone know why Microsoft will not allow me the 64 bit software? Or
>> am
>> I doing something wrong?
>> Or alternatively, if anyone knows of another way of getting the DVD, I'm
>> all
>> ears

JW

Re: Obtaining Vista 64 bit DVD
Now you one of the reasons why the OEM version costs less then the retail
version.