Activation

Guillaume

Activation
Hello ! I bought yesterday new stuff for my PC... Processor, Motherboard and
Graphic Card. I had to reinstalled vista, but i can't activate because it
says " Your product key is already used". So what can I do ? I don't use my
old processor...

Thank you !

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Activation
You can reset your Windows Vista activation by performing the following:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in: slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation (no charge).

5. Once completed, restart your computer.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Guillaume" wrote:

Hello ! I bought yesterday new stuff for my PC... Processor, Motherboard and
Graphic Card. I had to reinstalled vista, but i can't activate because it
says " Your product key is already used". So what can I do ? I don't use my
old processor...

Thank you !

Bruce Chambers

Re: Activation
Guillaume wrote:
> Hello ! I bought yesterday new stuff for my PC... Processor, Motherboard
> and Graphic Card. I had to reinstalled vista, but i can't activate
> because it says " Your product key is already used". So what can I do ?
> I don't use my old processor...
>
> Thank you !

The license _is_ already in use, by you, because of your initial
Activation. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to activate by
telephone.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Guillaume

Re: Activation
Thank you for everyone ! I called Microsoft, and by an automatic message, I
had to answer some question, like "Windows is installed on 1 or more than
one computer...".

It take sme 5 min, and it works !

Thank you again !
"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> a écrit dans le message de
> Guillaume wrote:
>> Hello ! I bought yesterday new stuff for my PC... Processor, Motherboard
>> and Graphic Card. I had to reinstalled vista, but i can't activate
>> because it says " Your product key is already used". So what can I do ? I
>> don't use my old processor...
>>
>> Thank you !

> The license _is_ already in use, by you, because of your initial
> Activation. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to activate by
> telephone.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand
> Russell

> killed a great many philosophers.
> ~ Denis Diderot

John Barnett MVP

Re: Activation
Use telephone activation. See this link from my website:
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/product...ady_in_use.htm

John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience