Can SOMEONE explain why I can't Boot Into Safe Mood in VISTA?

Sean Price

Can SOMEONE explain why I can't Boot Into Safe Mood in VISTA?
so I press f5 or is it f8...

but either way I get to the Safe Mood Selection screen and no matter what
option I select, Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Prompts, of Safe Mood with
Network support, it doesn't matter it boots normal to my user sign in screen
and then it freezes.. no mouse or keyboard functions...

If I run the recovery disk and tool options then mouse and keyboard work but
I still cannot boot up in safe mode nor can I boot up normal..

I just need to get into safe mode and then I believe I can resolve this but
since I can't get into safe mode I don't know what else to do?

Can somebody explain why I cant load up Safe Mood?

oNe

p.s. I have tried PS/2 devices in addition to USB devices and same result, I
have restored to muliple PAST restore points and same result..
Si

Re: Can SOMEONE explain why I can't Boot Into Safe Mood in VISTA?
I think you have to press F5 or F8 (whichever one it is???) a second time as
the boot screen comes up again. So you press the "F" key and select "Safe
Mode" as you have already tried, and then you need to press the "F" key
again when the boot screen comes up..........I think!!!

Cheers.

Si

"Sean Price" <SeanPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> so I press f5 or is it f8...
>
> but either way I get to the Safe Mood Selection screen and no matter what
> option I select, Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Prompts, of Safe Mood with
> Network support, it doesn't matter it boots normal to my user sign in
> screen
> and then it freezes.. no mouse or keyboard functions...
>
> If I run the recovery disk and tool options then mouse and keyboard work
> but
> I still cannot boot up in safe mode nor can I boot up normal..
>
> I just need to get into safe mode and then I believe I can resolve this
> but
> since I can't get into safe mode I don't know what else to do?
>
> Can somebody explain why I cant load up Safe Mood?
>
> oNe
>

> p.s. I have tried PS/2 devices in addition to USB devices and same result,
> have restored to muliple PAST restore points and same result..

Mick Murphy

RE: Can SOMEONE explain why I can't Boot Into Safe Mood in VISTA?
You already have a thread started, with advice, about this!!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Sean Price" wrote:

> so I press f5 or is it f8...
>
> but either way I get to the Safe Mood Selection screen and no matter what
> option I select, Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Prompts, of Safe Mood with
> Network support, it doesn't matter it boots normal to my user sign in screen
> and then it freezes.. no mouse or keyboard functions...
>
> If I run the recovery disk and tool options then mouse and keyboard work but
> I still cannot boot up in safe mode nor can I boot up normal..
>
> I just need to get into safe mode and then I believe I can resolve this but
> since I can't get into safe mode I don't know what else to do?
>
> Can somebody explain why I cant load up Safe Mood?
>
> oNe
>

> p.s. I have tried PS/2 devices in addition to USB devices and same result, I
> have restored to muliple PAST restore points and same result..

Bogey Man

Re: Can SOMEONE explain why I can't Boot Into Safe Mood in VISTA?

"Sean Price" <SeanPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> so I press f5 or is it f8...
>
> but either way I get to the Safe Mood Selection screen and no matter what
> option I select, Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Prompts, of Safe Mood with
> Network support, it doesn't matter it boots normal to my user sign in
> screen
> and then it freezes.. no mouse or keyboard functions...
>
> If I run the recovery disk and tool options then mouse and keyboard work
> but
> I still cannot boot up in safe mode nor can I boot up normal..
>
> I just need to get into safe mode and then I believe I can resolve this
> but
> since I can't get into safe mode I don't know what else to do?
>
> Can somebody explain why I cant load up Safe Mood?
>
> oNe
>

> p.s. I have tried PS/2 devices in addition to USB devices and same result,
> have restored to muliple PAST restore points and same result..

I can't get into safe mode either and the boot process looks like safe mode
is loading then I am taken back to the beginning of the boot process and am
booted into my account. Unlike you, everything works perfectly. I have an
idea that it is because my monitor is set up to run digitally (I have the
choice of digital or analogue) both on the monitor and the video card. I
haven't tested this but that is my suspicion.

--
Ron P

If we are what we eat then: I'm fast,
cheap and easy

JW

Re: Can SOMEONE explain why I can't Boot Into Safe Mood in VISTA?
Since I use autologon on my system so I do not get the logon screen. I am
not sure but I think even with Safe Mode you get the logon screen since you
need to be able to say which user you want to run in Safe Mode.

"Bogey Man" <spam@kwic.com> wrote in message

> "Sean Price" <SeanPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> so I press f5 or is it f8...
>>
>> but either way I get to the Safe Mood Selection screen and no matter what
>> option I select, Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Prompts, of Safe Mood with
>> Network support, it doesn't matter it boots normal to my user sign in
>> screen
>> and then it freezes.. no mouse or keyboard functions...
>>
>> If I run the recovery disk and tool options then mouse and keyboard work
>> but
>> I still cannot boot up in safe mode nor can I boot up normal..
>>
>> I just need to get into safe mode and then I believe I can resolve this
>> but
>> since I can't get into safe mode I don't know what else to do?
>>
>> Can somebody explain why I cant load up Safe Mood?
>>
>> oNe
>>

>> p.s. I have tried PS/2 devices in addition to USB devices and same
>> result, I
>> have restored to muliple PAST restore points and same result..

> I can't get into safe mode either and the boot process looks like safe
> mode is loading then I am taken back to the beginning of the boot process
> and am booted into my account. Unlike you, everything works perfectly. I
> have an idea that it is because my monitor is set up to run digitally (I
> have the choice of digital or analogue) both on the monitor and the video
> card. I haven't tested this but that is my suspicion.
>
> --
> Ron P
>
> If we are what we eat then: I'm fast,
> cheap and easy

Sean Price

RE: Can SOMEONE explain why I can't Boot Into Safe Mood in VISTA?
yeah and just like here NOBODY has answered the simplest question of why Safe
Mode won't boot up..

I kid, i kid. thanks for your reply and answer!!

but i think this is a valid post as i googled and googled and didn't find an
answer, my other post was a VERY SPECIFIC DETAILING of my problem.. this post
serves one purpose.. to find out

WHY I CAN"T LOAD UP SAFE MODE..

I don't know what else to do and will give up if i can't crack it this
weekend..

its a gateway computer with vista pre installled so it didn't come with much
support..

oNe

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> You already have a thread started, with advice, about this!!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "Sean Price" wrote:
>
> > so I press f5 or is it f8...
> >
> > but either way I get to the Safe Mood Selection screen and no matter what
> > option I select, Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Prompts, of Safe Mood with
> > Network support, it doesn't matter it boots normal to my user sign in screen
> > and then it freezes.. no mouse or keyboard functions...
> >
> > If I run the recovery disk and tool options then mouse and keyboard work but
> > I still cannot boot up in safe mode nor can I boot up normal..
> >
> > I just need to get into safe mode and then I believe I can resolve this but
> > since I can't get into safe mode I don't know what else to do?
> >
> > Can somebody explain why I cant load up Safe Mood?
> >
> > oNe
> >

> > p.s. I have tried PS/2 devices in addition to USB devices and same result, I
> > have restored to muliple PAST restore points and same result..

JW

Re: Can SOMEONE explain why I can't Boot Into Safe Mood in VISTA?
Most likely because some of your OS files even for safe mode on your HDD
have gotten corrupted.

> yeah and just like here NOBODY has answered the simplest question of why
> Safe
> Mode won't boot up..
>
> I kid, i kid. thanks for your reply and answer!!
>
> but i think this is a valid post as i googled and googled and didn't find
> an
> answer, my other post was a VERY SPECIFIC DETAILING of my problem.. this
> post
> serves one purpose.. to find out
>
> WHY I CAN"T LOAD UP SAFE MODE..
>
> I don't know what else to do and will give up if i can't crack it this
> weekend..
>
> its a gateway computer with vista pre installled so it didn't come with
> much
> support..
>
> oNe
>
> "Mick Murphy" wrote:
>
>> You already have a thread started, with advice, about this!!
>> --
>> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>>

>> "Sean Price" wrote:
>>
>> > so I press f5 or is it f8...
>> >
>> > but either way I get to the Safe Mood Selection screen and no matter
>> > what
>> > option I select, Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Prompts, of Safe Mood with
>> > Network support, it doesn't matter it boots normal to my user sign in
>> > screen
>> > and then it freezes.. no mouse or keyboard functions...
>> >
>> > If I run the recovery disk and tool options then mouse and keyboard
>> > work but
>> > I still cannot boot up in safe mode nor can I boot up normal..
>> >
>> > I just need to get into safe mode and then I believe I can resolve this
>> > but
>> > since I can't get into safe mode I don't know what else to do?
>> >
>> > Can somebody explain why I cant load up Safe Mood?
>> >
>> > oNe
>> >

>> > p.s. I have tried PS/2 devices in addition to USB devices and same
>> > result, I
>> > have restored to muliple PAST restore points and same result..

Mick Murphy

RE: Can SOMEONE explain why I can't Boot Into Safe Mood in VISTA?
You want to access someone's else's computer(you use a MAC) in Safe Mode!
But, you also don't want to reinstall Vista if the OS is stuffed, as you
want to save the person's DATA.

You have pre-installed OEM Vista(no Vista DVD), so Recovery options are
limited(now finished)

I have given you the link, and how to use KNOPPIX to recover the Data; then
reinstall Vista.
You claim not to understand it!

If YOU can't do it, take it to a Computer Technician!
End of story!!!!!!!!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Mick Murphy;694561 Wrote:
> You want to access someone's else's computer(you use a MAC) in Safe
> Mode!
> But, you also don't want to reinstall Vista if the OS is stuffed, as
> you
> want to save the person's DATA.
>
> You have pre-installed OEM Vista(no Vista DVD), so Recovery options are
> limited(now finished)
>
> I have given you the link, and how to use KNOPPIX to recover the Data;
> then
> reinstall Vista.
> You claim not to understand it!
>
> If YOU can't do it, take it to a Computer Technician!
> End of story!!!!!!!!
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

Well I am givin it one last shot to see what you experts can advise on
this.. and Mick Murphy you misunderstand me.. I have followed your
instructions to a T, if you would read my posts.. but I thought you were
going somewhere else with your linux suggestion...

but i digress here goes..

I CANNOT stress this enough.. THIS IS NOT MY COMPUTER... I use Macbook
Pro.. I'm jus tryin help a friend of a friend from around the block...
poor guy.. he took it into best buy paid $75 ONLY to be told its not a
problem they can help him with and to speak with microsoft,, the 1st
time they charged him $50 to scandisk the thing and defrag.. so i'm jus
tryin to help this guy out.. he wants to pay me.. but I'm just doing it
for the learning experience..

the DRIVE is accessible....

thing is this.. its a gateway wit vista pre installed, so EVEN if I
install it again.. it will expire in 30 days? besides crackin it..which
I'm not lookin into since there should be no need for this.. what other
options would they have? call microsoft and do what?

Ran both Knoppix and Ubuntu and neither system could access the drive,
tho the recovery D: drive that i re installed Vista on..(its 9gb's) was
accessible..

here's the run down:

If i boot vista up normal or any of the safe modes..its a no go.. when
it gets to the user screen, keyboard and mouse are unresponsive, as if
no usb support..

IF i use SYSTEM RESTORE and restore to a period, ANYTIME going back
last 30 days.. I can load up to SAFE MODE and select any of the USER
ACCOUNTs.. that account will then proceed to load up.. BUT NO KEYBOARD
support.. just mouse.. but once that account is loading up, i then
eventually lose mouse as well...

i try to quickly kill/cancel the programs that are loading up in the
system tray as fast as possible.. but i still lose out..

right before i lose the mouse.. i see a pop up of a new device found
and the option to manually locate the driver or let windows find it or
install my own disk with it... *<--- righT then* is when i lose the
mouse support..

again both Ubuntu and Knoppix and the recovery disk failed me..

BESIDES a COMPLETE REINSTALLL i don't know what else to try...

thanks for the USB suggestion, will try that today..

but if ANYBODY can think of anything else.. let me know...

thank you!!

oNe

--
Sean Price
JW

Re: Can SOMEONE explain why I can't Boot Into Safe Mood in VISTA?
Why do you think it would expire in 30days if you reinstall the OS?
If you reinstalled Vista on the D drive why are you not just running from
that version?