Vista home premium 64

Booner2101

Vista home premium 64
I have recently built my first p.c. for personal use by myself, and someone
sold me a pirated copy of windows xp 32 bit. My p.c. is setup with a 64 bit
core two duo, four gigs of ram, a nvidia 8600 gt o.c. graphics adapter, and a
500 gig hard drive, so I knew I needed a new, more advanced operating system.
I wish I could find the contact the person I obtained the illegal copy from
but I've lost all the information. Anyway, I purchased all the parts for my
p.c. from www.newegg.com including a copy of
windows vista O.E.M. thinking I was savvy enough to install this myself.
I wiped the illegal version of windows, and everything else on my hard drive
with Kill-drive software, and I am still having the same problem when booting
with the disk provided in the O.E.M. package. When the software boots I get a
blue screen with the message *** STOP: 0x00000005c (0x000000000000010b,
0x0000000000000003, 0x00000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000) I'm wondering if
this a problem with my hard drive having pirated
software on or if it's a software problem. I really want to use vista,
and I'm already over budget for this build. Is there any way to make this
work? The package that contained the O.E.M. software looks legit to me it has
all the proper seals and the certificate contains a product key, and it
appears to be genuine. Please help me. I am a loyal customer of Microsoft,
and I really want to give vista a shot, but if I can't make this work I will
be forced to use the pirated xp. Just to make my intentions
clear I do not condone piracy in any form, and I would love to track
down the person who sold me the pirated software for all the problems it's
caused. I do not intend to copy or redistribute the software, or product key
in any way.
Rick Rogers

Re: Vista home premium 64
Hi,

0x5C is usually a driver error that occurs after an installation is
complete. It may require a BIOS update to the system to correct. Also check
your timing and video settings, make sure you are not overclocked and using
standard settings. Some also find that installing with 4GB of ram installed
causes setup issues. Reduce it to just 2GB and give it a go. You can
reinstall the other 2GB afterwards.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Booner2101" <Booner2101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently built my first p.c. for personal use by myself, and someone
> sold me a pirated copy of windows xp 32 bit. My p.c. is setup with a 64
> bit
> core two duo, four gigs of ram, a nvidia 8600 gt o.c. graphics adapter,
> and a
> 500 gig hard drive, so I knew I needed a new, more advanced operating
> system.
> I wish I could find the contact the person I obtained the illegal copy
> from
> but I've lost all the information. Anyway, I purchased all the parts for
> my
> p.c. from www.newegg.com including a copy of
> windows vista O.E.M. thinking I was savvy enough to install this
> myself.
> I wiped the illegal version of windows, and everything else on my hard
> drive
> with Kill-drive software, and I am still having the same problem when
> booting
> with the disk provided in the O.E.M. package. When the software boots I
> get a
> blue screen with the message *** STOP: 0x00000005c (0x000000000000010b,
> 0x0000000000000003, 0x00000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000) I'm wondering
> if
> this a problem with my hard drive having pirated
> software on or if it's a software problem. I really want to use vista,
> and I'm already over budget for this build. Is there any way to make this
> work? The package that contained the O.E.M. software looks legit to me it
> has
> all the proper seals and the certificate contains a product key, and it
> appears to be genuine. Please help me. I am a loyal customer of Microsoft,
> and I really want to give vista a shot, but if I can't make this work I
> will
> be forced to use the pirated xp. Just to make my intentions
> clear I do not condone piracy in any form, and I would love to track
> down the person who sold me the pirated software for all the problems it's
> caused. I do not intend to copy or redistribute the software, or product
> key
> in any way.

Cecelia Marie

stop: 0x0000005c (0x000000000000010B, 0x0000000000000003,0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)
did you figure out the problem and how to fix it? i have the same blue screen after trying to log on in safe mode. it comes to the blue screen reading: stop: 0x0000005c (0x000000000000010B, 0x0000000000000003, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000) and stops. i dont know what to do since i cant even log in. my computer is factory bought with no extras installed. its about 2 yrs old and has Vista. Anyone know how i can get in and fix it? or do i need to take to a repair shop? the problem started when the power died and when i went to start it again the lights go on but just a black screen. i've tried taking out the battery and unplugging the power then plugging in.. i try just hitting the f8 but nothing happens.. lighs on the board but no lights or sound or internet light.
if someone knows the answer please give me instructions, i follow them well.
Thank You

Booner210 wrote:

Vista home premium 64
24-Apr-08

[...]

On Thursday, April 24, 2008 2:09 PM
Booner210 wrote:

[...]

On Friday, April 25, 2008 6:45 AM
Rick Rogers wrote:

Hi,0x5C is usually a driver error that occurs after an installation is
Hi,

0x5C is usually a driver error that occurs after an installation is
complete. It may require a BIOS update to the system to correct. Also check
your timing and video settings, make sure you are not overclocked and using
standard settings. Some also find that installing with 4GB of ram installed
causes setup issues. Reduce it to just 2GB and give it a go. You can
reinstall the other 2GB afterwards.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Booner2101" <Booner2101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

EggHeadCafe Chat Chaos in Silverlight Released Today
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-chaos-in.aspx