boot in safe mode - minimal service with network

TonyTiger

boot in safe mode - minimal service with network
I have windows vista ultimate on an Asus U3S notebook.

I´ve changed in the control panel/administration tool/system configuration
to boot in safe mode with network. I did this because there was a problem
with connecting to the internet and I thought this would be a way to solve
the problem.

When I start the computer there is two alternatives
Safe mode
Normal

Safemode - happens nothing, the same list appears again and again
Normal - it starts to unravel a long list of driver installation - so far so
good
a Windows Vista screen appear (black with text only) which says starting in
safemode - minimal service with network. So far so good...
blue screen appears and physical memory is dumped...
Restart and the same procedure starts all over...

My question is how can I change back to "normal start" and/ or get past the
blue screen? Is there a possibility to get more options when I start up the
computer? Is there a possibility to "go back" to before the change was made?

There is a lot of work on the computer and things that I really need so I
really don´t want to reinstall and lose everything on the HDD...

Please help if you know a way out if this.

//best regards Tony
Mick Murphy

RE: boot in safe mode - minimal service with network
The way to get into Safe mode is to tap F8 right at startup/power on.
A list of options comes up, and you use the UP and DOWN arrows to go to Safe
Mode, then hit ENTER
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"TonyTiger" wrote:

> I have windows vista ultimate on an Asus U3S notebook.
>
> I´ve changed in the control panel/administration tool/system configuration
> to boot in safe mode with network. I did this because there was a problem
> with connecting to the internet and I thought this would be a way to solve
> the problem.
>
> When I start the computer there is two alternatives
> Safe mode
> Normal
>
> Safemode - happens nothing, the same list appears again and again
> Normal - it starts to unravel a long list of driver installation - so far so
> good
> a Windows Vista screen appear (black with text only) which says starting in
> safemode - minimal service with network. So far so good...
> blue screen appears and physical memory is dumped...
> Restart and the same procedure starts all over...
>
> My question is how can I change back to "normal start" and/ or get past the
> blue screen? Is there a possibility to get more options when I start up the
> computer? Is there a possibility to "go back" to before the change was made?
>
> There is a lot of work on the computer and things that I really need so I
> really don´t want to reinstall and lose everything on the HDD...
>
> Please help if you know a way out if this.
>
> //best regards Tony

TonyTiger

RE: boot in safe mode - minimal service with network
Thanks for the answer Mick!

But... It didn´t help, and the thing that got me in trouble is that ASUS
seems to disable these options in their computers. Cause when I tap the F8
the only two choices to come up is Normal and Safe Mode. Safe mode didn´t
work and Normal kicked out with a blue screen.

However, I´ve solved the problem by doing an image of the HDD and then
reinstalled windows and moved all the important files... its alive again!!
Even though it took a lot of time and was really furious....

//Tony