16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM ERROR MESSAGE

Jessica

16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM ERROR MESSAGE
I am trying to install a cd to be used for an online course that I am taking
this semester. However the following message is displayed everYime I try to
run and install the cd.

16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT
The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application.

How can I fix this? I have an assignment due Sunday and I have to use this
research system cd to complete it. PLEASE HELP!

By the way, the name of the cd is FASB : Financial Accounting Research
System for Windows 2006
--
THX!
Rick Rogers

Re: 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM ERROR MESSAGE
Hi,

For starters, this file and folder path doesn't exist in Vista. You would
need to check with the software vendor for recommended steps, or for an
updated, compatible version of the software.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install a cd to be used for an online course that I am
>taking
> this semester. However the following message is displayed everYime I try
> run and install the cd.
>
> 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM
> C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT
> The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
> applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application.
>
> How can I fix this? I have an assignment due Sunday and I have to use this
> research system cd to complete it. PLEASE HELP!
>
> By the way, the name of the cd is FASB : Financial Accounting Research
> System for Windows 2006
> --
> THX!

JW

Re: 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM ERROR MESSAGE
Since Vista does not normally support old 16 bit programs possibly you can
load it and run it in Windows 98 or Windows XP mode in Vista.
"Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install a cd to be used for an online course that I am
>taking
> this semester. However the following message is displayed everYime I try
> run and install the cd.
>
> 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM
> C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT
> The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
> applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application.
>
> How can I fix this? I have an assignment due Sunday and I have to use this
> research system cd to complete it. PLEASE HELP!
>
> By the way, the name of the cd is FASB : Financial Accounting Research
> System for Windows 2006
> --
> THX!

Rick Rogers

Re: 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM ERROR MESSAGE
Vista 32-bit supports 16-bit applications, Vista x64 does not.

--

"JW" <JW@nospam.nspam> wrote in message
> Since Vista does not normally support old 16 bit programs possibly you can
> load it and run it in Windows 98 or Windows XP mode in Vista.
> "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to install a cd to be used for an online course that I am
>>taking
>> this semester. However the following message is displayed everYime I try
>> run and install the cd.
>>
>> 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM
>> C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT
>> The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows
>> applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application.
>>
>> How can I fix this? I have an assignment due Sunday and I have to use
>> this
>> research system cd to complete it. PLEASE HELP!
>>
>> By the way, the name of the cd is FASB : Financial Accounting Research
>> System for Windows 2006
>> --
>> THX!

JW

Re: 16 BIT WINDOWS SUBSYSTEM ERROR MESSAGE
Good comment my previous post is not stated well I should have said "does
not support all 16 bit programs". The following KB article covers the issue
quite well.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926657