Vista Setup

=?Utf-8?B?cmVpZGVuZXI=?=

Vista Setup
I recently bought a Notebook with Vista Home basic. As it ran for the first
time, I was asked several questions and when the prompt came, what language I
wanted, I answered German (I live in Switzerland). After the setup was over I
realized I want the prompts in French (it's a gift for my wife, she can't
german). Can anyone tell me how I can change this setting? Thanks!
Gary VanderMolen

Re: Vista Setup
Uh, have you tried the obvious place: Control Panel,
Regional and Language Options?

Gary VanderMolen

"reidener" <reidener@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news6555E99-6FB2-47DD-A912-C8D2FBCB8C8F@microsoft.com...
>I recently bought a Notebook with Vista Home basic. As it ran for the first
> time, I was asked several questions and when the prompt came, what language I
> wanted, I answered German (I live in Switzerland). After the setup was over I
> realized I want the prompts in French (it's a gift for my wife, she can't
> german). Can anyone tell me how I can change this setting? Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?cmVpZGVuZXI=?=

Re: Vista Setup
Hi Gary thanks for your answer. Yes I have tried but the only thing I get to
do is to change the language of the keyboard. That's all. But thanks again.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Uh, have you tried the obvious place: Control Panel,
> Regional and Language Options?
>
> Gary VanderMolen
>
> "reidener" <reidener@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news6555E99-6FB2-47DD-A912-C8D2FBCB8C8F@microsoft.com...
> >I recently bought a Notebook with Vista Home basic. As it ran for the first
> > time, I was asked several questions and when the prompt came, what language I
> > wanted, I answered German (I live in Switzerland). After the setup was over I
> > realized I want the prompts in French (it's a gift for my wife, she can't
> > german). Can anyone tell me how I can change this setting? Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?V2lsbA==?=

Re: Vista Setup
You will need to download the optional windows update for the French Language
Pack.