Office Basic 2007 Product Key not working on new laptop w/ Vista

=?Utf-8?B?RnJ1c3RyYXRlZCBUb3NoaWJhIEJ1eWVy?=

Office Basic 2007 Product Key not working on new laptop w/ Vista
I purchased a new Toshiba Notebook, a Satellite P105. The notebook was
delivered Feb. 23rd. The 25 character product key to activate Office Basic
2007, which came preinstalled purchased thru Toshiba Direct, did not work. I
received no CD's for Vista or for Office Basic. I called MS, Toshiba Tech
Support, and Toshiba Customer Support (the sales side). No one can figure
out why this is happening. Toshiba told me weeks ago that they would have MS
send me a new product key, which never happened. They are still working on
the problem, yet I cannot use outlook, word, etc. I could for a few days but
now I'm pretty much locked out of most useability.

Any suggestions? I've been looking around to see if this is happening to
others and I cannot find anyone. Brand new computer, preinstalled w/ Vista
and Office Basic, Vista working OK but can't activate Office Basic.

Very frustrating. Any suggestions would be appreciated...other than do not
buy Toshiba again.
David B.

Re: Office Basic 2007 Product Key not working on new laptop w/ Vista
Can't say what's causing your problem, but I can tell you that Microsoft
will not send you a new key as your Office is OEM, which means it's up to
Toshiba to provide support, and to provide you with a working key.

--

----
http://www.db-pc.com

"Frustrated Toshiba Buyer" <Frustrated Toshiba
Buyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I purchased a new Toshiba Notebook, a Satellite P105. The notebook was
> delivered Feb. 23rd. The 25 character product key to activate Office
> Basic
> 2007, which came preinstalled purchased thru Toshiba Direct, did not work.
> received no CD's for Vista or for Office Basic. I called MS, Toshiba Tech
> Support, and Toshiba Customer Support (the sales side). No one can figure
> out why this is happening. Toshiba told me weeks ago that they would have
> MS
> send me a new product key, which never happened. They are still working
> on
> the problem, yet I cannot use outlook, word, etc. I could for a few days
> but
> now I'm pretty much locked out of most useability.
>
> Any suggestions? I've been looking around to see if this is happening to
> others and I cannot find anyone. Brand new computer, preinstalled w/
> Vista
> and Office Basic, Vista working OK but can't activate Office Basic.
>
> Very frustrating. Any suggestions would be appreciated...other than do
> not
> buy Toshiba again.

poohbear003

Re: Office Basic 2007 Product Key not working on new laptop w/ Vista

dude i have a tohshiba satellite 2 and i absoloutley LOVE it!! the whole
product key thing happens on like every new computer i have no idea why.
i have a dell desktop and i had to ******* call sum guy from dell to fix
it and it took like 3 hours. omfg thats y i hate microsoft so much! and
then when u go to the website for support they F**KING wanna charge u
$49 bucks just for help (as if it we nothing!!) i F**KING swear if it
werent 4 me having to do a typed project 4 summer reading, i woudnt even
be bothering wit this SH*T!!! i been on this looking everywhere 4 like
an hour!! so next time totally go with toshiba bt screw microsoft if u
can

--
poohbear003
poohbear003's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/poohbear003.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Curious

Re: Office Basic 2007 Product Key not working on new laptop w/ Vista
Please describe your problem e a little clearer and with less emotion.

As I understand you have a new Toshiba which came with some version of Vista
installed.
And when you try and install a new retail version of Office 2007 that is not
instaled on any other system on it it won't install and apparently provides
no error message since you did not describe receiving any.

Is the above descption of your problem correct? If not please supply a more
accurate description.

"poohbear003" <poohbear003.3dxyrb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
newsoohbear003.3dxyrb@DoNotSpam.com...

> dude i have a tohshiba satellite 2 and i absoloutley LOVE it!! the whole
> product key thing happens on like every new computer i have no idea why.
> i have a dell desktop and i had to ******* call sum guy from dell to fix
> it and it took like 3 hours. omfg thats y i hate microsoft so much! and
> then when u go to the website for support they F**KING wanna charge u
> $49 bucks just for help (as if it we nothing!!) i F**KING swear if it
> werent 4 me having to do a typed project 4 summer reading, i woudnt even
> be bothering wit this SH*T!!! i been on this looking everywhere 4 like
> an hour!! so next time totally go with toshiba bt screw microsoft if u
> can
>

> --
> poohbear003
> poohbear003's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/poohbear003.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...all/706213.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Rick Rogers

Re: Office Basic 2007 Product Key not working on new laptop w/ Vista
Which Product Key are you using to activate Office 2007? The one affixed to
the laptop is for Windows, not Office. If you received a preinstalled trial
version of Office 2007, then you likely need to purchase a Product Key to
activate it. Check your system documentation for details.

> dude i have a tohshiba satellite 2 and i absoloutley LOVE it!! the whole
> product key thing happens on like every new computer i have no idea why.

Preinstalled Vista systems from major manufacturers do not require
activation or insertion of a Product Key.

> i have a dell desktop and i had to ******* call sum guy from dell to fix
> it and it took like 3 hours. omfg thats y i hate microsoft so much!

You hate Microsoft because Dell took so long? That's like hating Ford
because your mechanic took too long to rotate the tires.

> and then when u go to the website for support they F**KING wanna charge u
> $49 bucks just for help (as if it we nothing!!)

That's because your support come from Dell (or whatever manufacturer you
bought from). Microsoft supports retail disks. Support for preinstalled
systems comes from the system maker. This has been the case for many, many
years. If you want Microsoft to deal with Dell's modified installation, you
need to expect to pay for it.

> i F**KING swear if it werent 4 me having to do a typed project 4 summer
> reading, i woudnt even
> be bothering wit this SH*T!!! i been on this looking everywhere 4 like
> an hour!! so next time totally go with toshiba bt screw microsoft if u
> can

Toshiba, like Dell, sells preinstalled systems and is responsible for
support of the operating system. From recent reports I've seen, their
support is worse than Dell's.

If you wish to avoid Microsoft, then might I suggest you look into any of
the multitude of free linux distributions and openoffice.org. I suspect you
won't like the (lack of) support you find with those products either, but
they'll cost you far less.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"poohbear003" <poohbear003.3dxyrb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
newsoohbear003.3dxyrb@DoNotSpam.com...

> --
> poohbear003
> poohbear003's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/poohbear003.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...all/706213.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Sullivan

Re: Office Basic 2007 Product Key not working on new laptop w/ Vista

Removing trial and beta version can be tricky. Please look @ the
following Knowledge Base (KB) article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us. Here you will find
detailed instructions for removing beta release versions of Office Suite
2007 or program and also some suggestions here.
http://forums.techarena.in/office-setup/1106926.htm

--
Sullivan
Sullivan's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/sullivan.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...all/706213.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Frank Holman

Sullivan <Sullivan.3o1wzr@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

>Removing trial and beta version can be tricky. Please look @ the
>following Knowledge Base (KB) article
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us. Here you will find
>detailed instructions for removing beta release versions of Office Suite
>2007 or program and also some suggestions here.
>http://forums.techarena.in/office-setup/1106926.htm

Which post are you replying to... the one from A YEAR AGO or the one
from SIX MONTHS ago?