VISTA BOOT FROM DVD????

Rat_uk

VISTA BOOT FROM DVD????
asus pe2 pundit barebone won't boot won't boot the vista oem installation
cd.

it will load xp but with vista you do not even get to the 'press any key to
boot from cd' prompt.

vista is a dvd. is this anything to do with it? (although the pundit does
have a dvd drive)

what will it boot the xp cd but not the vista dvd???????

steve.

David B.

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD????
Rather than posting this again you should check your original post from 2
days ago, it has a reply awaiting your answer.

--

----
http://www.db-pc.com

"Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> asus pe2 pundit barebone won't boot won't boot the vista oem installation
> cd.
>
> it will load xp but with vista you do not even get to the 'press any key
> boot from cd' prompt.
>
> vista is a dvd. is this anything to do with it? (although the pundit does
> have a dvd drive)
>

> what will it boot the xp cd but not the vista dvd???????
>

> steve.

John Barnett MVP

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD????
Is the drive you are putting the DVD into a CD-ROM drive or a DVD-ROM drive?
As it will run the XP installation (which comes on CD) one tends to assume
that it is a CD-ROM drive. DVDs will not run in a CD-ROM drive, you have to
have a DVD drive (yes, CD will run in a DVD drive, but not the other way
around.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> asus pe2 pundit barebone won't boot won't boot the vista oem installation
> cd.
>
> it will load xp but with vista you do not even get to the 'press any key
> boot from cd' prompt.
>
> vista is a dvd. is this anything to do with it? (although the pundit does
> have a dvd drive)
>

> what will it boot the xp cd but not the vista dvd???????
>

> steve.

Rat_uk

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD????
rather than wasting my time, you should mind your own business. ho, when and
where i post is nothing to do with you ****pot.
"David B." <brooks.dj@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Rather than posting this again you should check your original post from 2
> days ago, it has a reply awaiting your answer.
>
> --
>
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> __________________________________________________ _______________________________
>

> "Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> asus pe2 pundit barebone won't boot won't boot the vista oem installation
>> cd.
>>
>> it will load xp but with vista you do not even get to the 'press any key
>> boot from cd' prompt.
>>
>> vista is a dvd. is this anything to do with it? (although the pundit does
>> have a dvd drive)
>>

>> what will it boot the xp cd but not the vista dvd???????
>>

>> steve.

David B.

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD????
And replies like that will likely get you even less help, acting like a jerk
and name calling kinda tends to make people not want to help you. If your
going to use these groups it's a very smart idea to use them properly, or
don't use them at all.

--

----

> rather than wasting my time, you should mind your own business. ho, when
> and where i post is nothing to do with you ****pot.
> "David B." <brooks.dj@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Rather than posting this again you should check your original post from 2
>> days ago, it has a reply awaiting your answer.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> http://www.db-pc.com
>> __________________________________________________ _______________________________
>>

>> "Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> asus pe2 pundit barebone won't boot won't boot the vista oem
>>> installation
>>> cd.
>>>
>>> it will load xp but with vista you do not even get to the 'press any key
>>> boot from cd' prompt.
>>>
>>> vista is a dvd. is this anything to do with it? (although the pundit
>>> does
>>> have a dvd drive)
>>>

>>> what will it boot the xp cd but not the vista dvd???????
>>>

>>> steve.

Rat_uk

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD????
shut up grandad

> And replies like that will likely get you even less help, acting like a
> jerk and name calling kinda tends to make people not want to help you. If
> your going to use these groups it's a very smart idea to use them
> properly, or don't use them at all.
>
> --
>
> ----
> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.db-pc.com
> __________________________________________________ _______________________________
>

> "Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> rather than wasting my time, you should mind your own business. ho, when
>> and where i post is nothing to do with you ****pot.
>> "David B." <brooks.dj@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Rather than posting this again you should check your original post from
>>> 2 days ago, it has a reply awaiting your answer.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> ----
>>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>> http://www.db-pc.com
>>> __________________________________________________ _______________________________

John Barnett MVP

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD????
Your comments, Rat_uk are un-called for and are offensive.

David B is correct when he suggests that you check your orginal posts before
posting the same problem again. All your comments will have done is
antagonise the very people who you wish help from.

I should hope you are man enough to apologise!

--

> shut up grandad
>

> "David B." <brooks.dj@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> And replies like that will likely get you even less help, acting like a
>> jerk and name calling kinda tends to make people not want to help you. If
>> your going to use these groups it's a very smart idea to use them
>> properly, or don't use them at all.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ----
>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> http://www.db-pc.com
>> __________________________________________________ _______________________________
>>

>> "Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> rather than wasting my time, you should mind your own business. ho, when
>>> and where i post is nothing to do with you ****pot.

Jack

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD????
He is a rat from UK, no wonder.
Jack
"John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Your comments, Rat_uk are un-called for and are offensive.
>
> David B is correct when he suggests that you check your orginal posts
> before posting the same problem again. All your comments will have done is
> antagonise the very people who you wish help from.
>
> I should hope you are man enough to apologise!
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
> this mail/post..
>
> "Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> shut up grandad
>>

>> "David B." <brooks.dj@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> And replies like that will likely get you even less help, acting like a
>>> jerk and name calling kinda tends to make people not want to help you.
>>> If your going to use these groups it's a very smart idea to use them
>>> properly, or don't use them at all.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> ----
>>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>> http://www.db-pc.com
>>> __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Rat_uk

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD????
these groups are full of self-righteous like yourself. telling us all how to
use the newsgroups... when and where to post etc....

well, i'll decide when and where to post and you'll mind your own business.

"John Barnett MVP" <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Your comments, Rat_uk are un-called for and are offensive.
>
> David B is correct when he suggests that you check your orginal posts
> before posting the same problem again. All your comments will have done is
> antagonise the very people who you wish help from.
>
> I should hope you are man enough to apologise!
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> Windows - Shell/User
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
> for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out
> of the use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in
> this mail/post..
>
> "Rat_uk" <ratty@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> shut up grandad
>>

>> "David B." <brooks.dj@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> And replies like that will likely get you even less help, acting like a
>>> jerk and name calling kinda tends to make people not want to help you.
>>> If your going to use these groups it's a very smart idea to use them
>>> properly, or don't use them at all.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> ----
>>> Crosspost, do not multipost http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>> How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>> How to Post http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>> http://www.db-pc.com

Rat_uk

Re: VISTA BOOT FROM DVD????
i also notice that none of you 'newsgroup police' have the answer.....

advice....don't reply to posts unless you know the answer.

thank you.