Vista wont boot after install, DVD is not bootable eigher..PLESE H

=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbA==?=

Vista wont boot after install, DVD is not bootable eigher..PLESE H
I have sent the following email to microsoft support, as i expect, i got no
help at all,
lets see our luck here!
--------------

Hi,

I bough Windows Vista yesterday and then I tried to upgrade my current
Windows Xp version to Windows Vista using the DVD. The installation went
good, then the computer had to restart. That's where the problem occured, the
computer didn't want to boot anymore, it kept on rebooting after getting a
black screen. The computer was reacting like if there was no OS installed.
Then I try to boot from the DVD. After pressing "enter" when i got the
message, "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", the computer just rebooted
again. It just couldn't boot from the DVD for some reasons. I have tested the
DVD, to see if the boot is damaged, on 2 other computers, but there was no
problem at all with these computers. The DVD doesn't appear to be damaged. I
then tried to put the Windows XP CD and boot it, and it worked all right
(that's whith the first computer). So I reinstalled Windows XP.
I don't know why the DVD was not bootable with the computer and why the
Vista installation didn't continue. I didn't yet try to install Vista on
other PCs using that DVD, but I don't think there is any problem with it.

I will give you the specification on my computer, it's actually a laptop
(and its written "windows vista capable" on it...):
- Asus A8Jm laptop
1.83ghz Intel Core Duo T7200
2GB DDR2 667mhz Ram
nVidia 7600 GO 512mB Video Card
DVD+-RW Rom
10GB free space before upgrading to Vista

I have read about the "Windows Vista Flat" install, do you think this will
fix the problem? Or maybe my laptop needs a BIOS update or something like
that? I have no other bootable DVD, so i couldn't test if booting form a DVD
was the problem or not...

Please let me know.
Thanks for your time,
Philippe
JW

Re: Vista wont boot after install, DVD is not bootable eigher..PLESE H
AFAIK the Vista upgrade requires about 20GB of free space. 15GB for the new
OS and 5GB used during the install for temp files.

"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have sent the following email to microsoft support, as i expect, i got no
> help at all,
> lets see our luck here!
> --------------
>
> Hi,
>
> I bough Windows Vista yesterday and then I tried to upgrade my current
> Windows Xp version to Windows Vista using the DVD. The installation went
> good, then the computer had to restart. That's where the problem occured,
> the
> computer didn't want to boot anymore, it kept on rebooting after getting a
> black screen. The computer was reacting like if there was no OS installed.
> Then I try to boot from the DVD. After pressing "enter" when i got the
> message, "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", the computer just
> rebooted
> again. It just couldn't boot from the DVD for some reasons. I have tested
> the
> DVD, to see if the boot is damaged, on 2 other computers, but there was no
> problem at all with these computers. The DVD doesn't appear to be damaged.
> then tried to put the Windows XP CD and boot it, and it worked all right
> (that's whith the first computer). So I reinstalled Windows XP.
> I don't know why the DVD was not bootable with the computer and why the
> Vista installation didn't continue. I didn't yet try to install Vista on
> other PCs using that DVD, but I don't think there is any problem with it.
>
> I will give you the specification on my computer, it's actually a laptop
> (and its written "windows vista capable" on it...):
> - Asus A8Jm laptop
> 1.83ghz Intel Core Duo T7200
> 2GB DDR2 667mhz Ram
> nVidia 7600 GO 512mB Video Card
> DVD+-RW Rom
> 10GB free space before upgrading to Vista
>
> I have read about the "Windows Vista Flat" install, do you think this will
> fix the problem? Or maybe my laptop needs a BIOS update or something like
> that? I have no other bootable DVD, so i couldn't test if booting form a
> DVD
> was the problem or not...
>
> Please let me know.
> Thanks for your time,
> Philippe

John Barnes

Re: Vista wont boot after install, DVD is not bootable eigher..PLESE H
Not helpful, but there have been many, many posts where a specific drive or
BIOS will not boot the Vista DVD. Many have tried the DVD on other machines
where it would boot. They have tried multiple DVD players on the offending
machine with no joy. Hope you have better luck, but since some have had
luck installing it from a hard drive, you might search for the procedures
that have been used with success. If your laptop has a BIOS that is set up
for booting to a recovery partition, you should look to see if the
manufacturer has a patch available on the website as some do.

"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have sent the following email to microsoft support, as i expect, i got no
> help at all,
> lets see our luck here!
> --------------
>
> Hi,
>
> I bough Windows Vista yesterday and then I tried to upgrade my current
> Windows Xp version to Windows Vista using the DVD. The installation went
> good, then the computer had to restart. That's where the problem occured,
> the
> computer didn't want to boot anymore, it kept on rebooting after getting a
> black screen. The computer was reacting like if there was no OS installed.
> Then I try to boot from the DVD. After pressing "enter" when i got the
> message, "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", the computer just
> rebooted
> again. It just couldn't boot from the DVD for some reasons. I have tested
> the
> DVD, to see if the boot is damaged, on 2 other computers, but there was no
> problem at all with these computers. The DVD doesn't appear to be damaged.
> then tried to put the Windows XP CD and boot it, and it worked all right
> (that's whith the first computer). So I reinstalled Windows XP.
> I don't know why the DVD was not bootable with the computer and why the
> Vista installation didn't continue. I didn't yet try to install Vista on
> other PCs using that DVD, but I don't think there is any problem with it.
>
> I will give you the specification on my computer, it's actually a laptop
> (and its written "windows vista capable" on it...):
> - Asus A8Jm laptop
> 1.83ghz Intel Core Duo T7200
> 2GB DDR2 667mhz Ram
> nVidia 7600 GO 512mB Video Card
> DVD+-RW Rom
> 10GB free space before upgrading to Vista
>
> I have read about the "Windows Vista Flat" install, do you think this will
> fix the problem? Or maybe my laptop needs a BIOS update or something like
> that? I have no other bootable DVD, so i couldn't test if booting form a
> DVD
> was the problem or not...
>
> Please let me know.
> Thanks for your time,
> Philippe

=?Utf-8?B?QnJ1Y2U=?=

RE: Vista wont boot after install, DVD is not bootable eigher..PLESE H
Hello Phil,
We had the same problem, update your Bios from Asus to Version 211 , that
solved are problem. Also you will need to download the latest Vista
drivers,(Video,Wireless,etc.)

"Phil" wrote:

> I have sent the following email to microsoft support, as i expect, i got no
> help at all,
> lets see our luck here!
> --------------
>
> Hi,
>
> I bough Windows Vista yesterday and then I tried to upgrade my current
> Windows Xp version to Windows Vista using the DVD. The installation went
> good, then the computer had to restart. That's where the problem occured, the
> computer didn't want to boot anymore, it kept on rebooting after getting a
> black screen. The computer was reacting like if there was no OS installed.
> Then I try to boot from the DVD. After pressing "enter" when i got the
> message, "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", the computer just rebooted
> again. It just couldn't boot from the DVD for some reasons. I have tested the
> DVD, to see if the boot is damaged, on 2 other computers, but there was no
> problem at all with these computers. The DVD doesn't appear to be damaged. I
> then tried to put the Windows XP CD and boot it, and it worked all right
> (that's whith the first computer). So I reinstalled Windows XP.
> I don't know why the DVD was not bootable with the computer and why the
> Vista installation didn't continue. I didn't yet try to install Vista on
> other PCs using that DVD, but I don't think there is any problem with it.
>
> I will give you the specification on my computer, it's actually a laptop
> (and its written "windows vista capable" on it...):
> - Asus A8Jm laptop
> 1.83ghz Intel Core Duo T7200
> 2GB DDR2 667mhz Ram
> nVidia 7600 GO 512mB Video Card
> DVD+-RW Rom
> 10GB free space before upgrading to Vista
>
> I have read about the "Windows Vista Flat" install, do you think this will
> fix the problem? Or maybe my laptop needs a BIOS update or something like
> that? I have no other bootable DVD, so i couldn't test if booting form a DVD
> was the problem or not...
>
> Please let me know.
> Thanks for your time,
> Philippe

nh81

Re: Vista wont boot after install, DVD is not bootable eigher..PLESE H

I had seen many ppl suggesting an bios update would fix this issue. Mine
one is A8jc running 211 already. I even upgraded to 212 still same
rebooting issue. Anyone can tell me exactly the version I sud get pls

--
nh81
nh81's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=31376

http://forums.techarena.in