New Install With Vista SP1?

Frank S

New Install With Vista SP1?
I've run Vista Home Premium on two PCs since Jan 2007, but SP-1 won't install
(or even show-up on one PC). It I purchase new Vista O/S DVDs with SP-1 for
each PC, will they install properly? Or will I have the same kickback that I
get from trying either the complete download or the "update" download of
SP-1? I've never had such problems -- even with Windows 95 for Pete's sake.
Will SP-1 be reissued to make it more tolerant? How will we know? Both PCs
run great without SP-1, but I'm concerned that future security updates will
be unavailable to those without S-1 at some point. Microsoft is totally
silent on this. Is this ominous or what??h
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: New Install With Vista SP1?
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation
from Windows Update and is not offered by Automatic Updates:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948343

Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...6f2021033.mspx

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Standalone (KB936330)

Free SP1 technical support from Microsoft:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...4&gprid=500921

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Frank S" wrote:

I've run Vista Home Premium on two PCs since Jan 2007, but SP-1 won't install
(or even show-up on one PC). It I purchase new Vista O/S DVDs with SP-1 for
each PC, will they install properly? Or will I have the same kickback that I
get from trying either the complete download or the "update" download of
SP-1? I've never had such problems -- even with Windows 95 for Pete's sake.
Will SP-1 be reissued to make it more tolerant? How will we know? Both PCs
run great without SP-1, but I'm concerned that future security updates will
be unavailable to those without S-1 at some point. Microsoft is totally
silent on this. Is this ominous or what??h
tempting2taanzaa

Re: New Install With Vista SP1?
Are there any new updated reasons as to why SP1 is not offered through WU?
I still have not been offered SP1 through WU (have not attempted to install
standalone version) and have checked all of the listed drivers and all are
up-to-date according to a search in device manager.

--
Check out the great stores listed here! Receive special offers! Visit
http://driven.mysite.com