Fresh Install of Vistal Ultimate 1 Year afer An Anytime Upgrade?

Chris Mohan

Fresh Install of Vistal Ultimate 1 Year afer An Anytime Upgrade?
Hi,

I bought a new laptop a year ago from lenovo w/ vista business on it. After
a couple of weeks I used Windows Anytime Upgrade to upgrade it to Vista
Ultimate. Now, a year later I want to re-install Vista (Ultimate) fresh.
QUESTION: When you've used Windows Anytime Upgrade how do you re-install your
OS directly to Ultimate without re-installing the original OS (Business) and
then going through Anytime Upgrade again. Is there a way to do this w/out
ordering the Ultimate DVD from lenovo?
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Fresh Install of Vistal Ultimate 1 Year afer An Anytime Upgrade?
You would need to install the qualifying Windows Vista Business
edition first that came with your Lenovo notebook, then perform
the upgrade to Vista Ultimate using the Anytime Upgrade disc.
So, you'll need to contact Lenovo support and request their
OEM Windows Vista Business recovery disc.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Chris Mohan" wrote:

Hi,

I bought a new laptop a year ago from lenovo w/ vista business on it. After
a couple of weeks I used Windows Anytime Upgrade to upgrade it to Vista
Ultimate. Now, a year later I want to re-install Vista (Ultimate) fresh.
QUESTION: When you've used Windows Anytime Upgrade how do you re-install your
OS directly to Ultimate without re-installing the original OS (Business) and
then going through Anytime Upgrade again. Is there a way to do this w/out
ordering the Ultimate DVD from lenovo?
killdaqueen

Re: Fresh Install of Vistal Ultimate 1 Year afer An Anytime Upgrade?

Can Sum1 Help Me? Yesterday I Installed Vista Ultimate X32. Everything
Was Fine Except That Whenever I Put A Dvd Or Cd In My Sony Dvd Writer,
The Pc Hangs.it Cant Read The Disks Given. But While In Xp , It Works
Fine. Is It A Prob Of The Rom Driver Or The Vista Itself?

--
killdaqueen
Gary Mount

Re: Fresh Install of Vistal Ultimate 1 Year afer An Anytime Upgrade?
You would get more help if you post this in a new post and not as a reply to
another persons post.