Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Driver_IRQL

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2008
Ravi
 

Posts: n/a
Driver_IRQL
I have an ACER Laptop with Vista instlalled which I brought in November.
Since then I have not installed any other hardware. In the past 1-1.5 months,
the system is suddenly getting restarted with the memory being dumped with
themessage DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I restart the system in safe mode
with networking and after some time again I go for normal mode and is usually
successful. I am not able to associate this problem with any hardware or
driver. I am not that computer savvy. Can anybody help me with this by
providing a step by step procedure to overcome this problem. If any more info
is required, kindly inform.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2008
Malke
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Driver_IRQL
Ravi wrote:

> I have an ACER Laptop with Vista instlalled which I brought in November.
> Since then I have not installed any other hardware. In the past 1-1.5
> months, the system is suddenly getting restarted with the memory being
> dumped with themessage DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I restart the system
> in safe mode with networking and after some time again I go for normal
> mode and is usually successful. I am not able to associate this problem
> with any hardware or driver. I am not that computer savvy. Can anybody
> help me with this by providing a step by step procedure to overcome this
> problem. If any more info is required, kindly inform.


The "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL" is only part of the Stop Error message.
The Stop Error will include the name of the driver, such as
[something].sys. We need that name in order to help you. In the meantime,
stop the automatic restart so you can get the full Stop Error and write
down its details.

Start Orb>Control Panel

Or Start Orb>Search box>type: System
Click on System that appears in the list of results.

In Control Panel Vista-style - click on System and Maintenance.
In Control Panel Classic View - double-click the System applet.

In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.
Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.

In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to
Automatically restart. OK your way out.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2008
Ravi
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Driver_IRQL

Dear Mr.Malke,
Thank you very much for the reply. I have stopped the auto restart function
as expalined by you. Next time this occurs, I will get the details and come
back. I am sure you will be able to help me.
Thanks in advance
Ravi

"Malke" wrote:

> Ravi wrote:
>
> > I have an ACER Laptop with Vista instlalled which I brought in November.
> > Since then I have not installed any other hardware. In the past 1-1.5
> > months, the system is suddenly getting restarted with the memory being
> > dumped with themessage DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I restart the system
> > in safe mode with networking and after some time again I go for normal
> > mode and is usually successful. I am not able to associate this problem
> > with any hardware or driver. I am not that computer savvy. Can anybody
> > help me with this by providing a step by step procedure to overcome this
> > problem. If any more info is required, kindly inform.

>
> The "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL" is only part of the Stop Error message.
> The Stop Error will include the name of the driver, such as
> [something].sys. We need that name in order to help you. In the meantime,
> stop the automatic restart so you can get the full Stop Error and write
> down its details.
>
> Start Orb>Control Panel
>
> Or Start Orb>Search box>type: System
> Click on System that appears in the list of results.
>
> In Control Panel Vista-style - click on System and Maintenance.
> In Control Panel Classic View - double-click the System applet.
>
> In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.
> Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.
>
> In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to
> Automatically restart. OK your way out.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2008
Ravi
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Driver_IRQL
Dear Mr.Malke,
today again the same incident happened. Just for info, the OS is Windows
Vista Home Premium.
the message was as follows:-
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0X0072007C, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X90D3E040)
US30XP.SYS-Address 90D3E040
base at 90D33000, Date Stamp 46933a9d

Again I restarted in normal mode and the problem details shown were as given
below:-

Problem Event Name : Blue Screen
OS Version : 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID:16393
Service Pack:0_0
Product:768_1

This is all the info I got. Hope with this you will be able to be of help.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards
Ravi

"Malke" wrote:

> Ravi wrote:
>
> > I have an ACER Laptop with Vista instlalled which I brought in November.
> > Since then I have not installed any other hardware. In the past 1-1.5
> > months, the system is suddenly getting restarted with the memory being
> > dumped with themessage DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I restart the system
> > in safe mode with networking and after some time again I go for normal
> > mode and is usually successful. I am not able to associate this problem
> > with any hardware or driver. I am not that computer savvy. Can anybody
> > help me with this by providing a step by step procedure to overcome this
> > problem. If any more info is required, kindly inform.

>
> The "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL" is only part of the Stop Error message.
> The Stop Error will include the name of the driver, such as
> [something].sys. We need that name in order to help you. In the meantime,
> stop the automatic restart so you can get the full Stop Error and write
> down its details.
>
> Start Orb>Control Panel
>
> Or Start Orb>Search box>type: System
> Click on System that appears in the list of results.
>
> In Control Panel Vista-style - click on System and Maintenance.
> In Control Panel Classic View - double-click the System applet.
>
> In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.
> Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.
>
> In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to
> Automatically restart. OK your way out.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2008
Malke
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Driver_IRQL
Ravi wrote:

> Dear Mr.Malke,
> today again the same incident happened. Just for info, the OS is Windows
> Vista Home Premium.
> the message was as follows:-
> STOP: 0x000000D1 (0X0072007C, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X90D3E040)
> US30XP.SYS-Address 90D3E040
> base at 90D33000, Date Stamp 46933a9d
>
> Again I restarted in normal mode and the problem details shown were as
> given below:-
>
> Problem Event Name : Blue Screen
> OS Version : 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID:16393
> Service Pack:0_0
> Product:768_1


You can simply call me Malke, and I'm a woman so "Mr." is incorrect. I'm not
offended, just setting you straight.

The US30XP.SYS file apparently belongs to something called Universal
Shield/Lock Folders. If you Google "US30XP.SYS" you will get a lot of links
showing people having blue screen issues with this file.

If you then Google "Universal Shield/Lock Folders" you will get a lot of
links showing people having problems with this software by Everstrike
Software. From what I can quickly gather, these programs provide some sort
of encryption and/or passwording of folders. I suggest you uninstall
anything you've gotten from Everstrike and see if that fixes things for
you.

If you honestly don't see either Univeral Shield or Lock Folders installed
on your computer, then contact Acer tech support. I suppose there is a
chance Everstrike software is incorporated into something that Acer
preinstalled. I haven't seen that with Acers here in the field, but that
doesn't mean it doesn't happen elsewhere.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2008
Ravi
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Driver_IRQL

Malke,
Thanks for setting things straight.

I had downloaded this software from the net. Maybe the problem occurred
after the 30 days trial period. As per your advise, I have uninstalled this
software. I was not using it at all. Now let me wait and see, but I feel it
will be ok now. Thanks for the excellent support.

Regards
Ravi
"Malke" wrote:

> Ravi wrote:
>
> > Dear Mr.Malke,
> > today again the same incident happened. Just for info, the OS is Windows
> > Vista Home Premium.
> > the message was as follows:-
> > STOP: 0x000000D1 (0X0072007C, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X90D3E040)
> > US30XP.SYS-Address 90D3E040
> > base at 90D33000, Date Stamp 46933a9d
> >
> > Again I restarted in normal mode and the problem details shown were as
> > given below:-
> >
> > Problem Event Name : Blue Screen
> > OS Version : 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID:16393
> > Service Pack:0_0
> > Product:768_1

>
> You can simply call me Malke, and I'm a woman so "Mr." is incorrect. I'm not
> offended, just setting you straight.
>
> The US30XP.SYS file apparently belongs to something called Universal
> Shield/Lock Folders. If you Google "US30XP.SYS" you will get a lot of links
> showing people having blue screen issues with this file.
>
> If you then Google "Universal Shield/Lock Folders" you will get a lot of
> links showing people having problems with this software by Everstrike
> Software. From what I can quickly gather, these programs provide some sort
> of encryption and/or passwording of folders. I suggest you uninstall
> anything you've gotten from Everstrike and see if that fixes things for
> you.
>
> If you honestly don't see either Univeral Shield or Lock Folders installed
> on your computer, then contact Acer tech support. I suppose there is a
> chance Everstrike software is incorporated into something that Acer
> preinstalled. I haven't seen that with Acers here in the field, but that
> doesn't mean it doesn't happen elsewhere.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2008
Malke
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Driver_IRQL
Ravi wrote:

>
> Malke,
> Thanks for setting things straight.
>
> I had downloaded this software from the net. Maybe the problem occurred
> after the 30 days trial period. As per your advise, I have uninstalled
> this software. I was not using it at all. Now let me wait and see, but I
> feel it will be ok now. Thanks for the excellent support.


You're welcome. I hope this solves the issue for you.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:06.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120