Error by aktivate Vista by KMS

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0?=

Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
Hello,

following error code: 0xc004f035

if run following task you will get the error message
C:\Windows\system32>slui.exe 0x2a 0xc004f035

It's a new Computer delivered with no operating system(Dell Precision 490).
First i installed vista. That was no Problem. Then i added the kms adress
(slmgr.vbs -skms <ip>:<port>). Then i did slmgr.vbs -ato. Now i got the error
message.

I installed XP Pro and upgraded to Vista because I fond on this page a
possible sulution
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w...bb286760.aspx). I got the
same error.

I hope you can help me

Yours sencierly
Robert

PS: Sorry for my bad english
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

RE: Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
Hello Robert,
Since the machine was shipped with no operating system, you will get that
error message with a Volume Licensing media installation.
What edition are you trying to install?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|>From: =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0?= <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com>
|>Subject: Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
|>Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:11:15 -0700
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|>Hello,
|>
|>following error code: 0xc004f035
|>
|>if run following task you will get the error message
|>C:\Windows\system32>slui.exe 0x2a 0xc004f035
|>
|>It's a new Computer delivered with no operating system(Dell Precision
490).
|>First i installed vista. That was no Problem. Then i added the kms adress
|>(slmgr.vbs -skms <ip>:<port>). Then i did slmgr.vbs -ato. Now i got the
error
|>message.
|>
|>I installed XP Pro and upgraded to Vista because I fond on this page a
|>possible sulution
|>(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w...bb286760.aspx). I got
the
|>same error.
|>
|>I hope you can help me
|>
|>Yours sencierly
|>Robert
|>
|>PS: Sorry for my bad english

=?Utf-8?B?Q0JNYXN0ZXI=?=

RE: Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
Well if it is going to be activated against a KMS (Key Management Service) it
should be either Business or Enterprise edition.

KMS is used by businesses and corporations to activate their VLK Vista
without contacting Microsoft servers, and the computers have to be
reactivated every 180 days. However, in order for a KMS server to be fully
functional and to activate all Windows Vista Business/Enterprise that connect
to it with the appropiate VLK key will be activated.

Make sure you are using a key that the server administrator of your business
or corporation that is unique and is genuine, otherwise you will have a
non-genuine Windows Vista, and that's not good.

I found an article on TechNet of a guide of Volume Activation 2.0:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...n/faq.mspx#EUB

These KMS problems should be reported to your business or corporation's
server administrator, and they will help you in getting your business PC
activated with their KMS server. Otherwise, I'm suspecting that you are
trying to activate a non-genuine Windows Vista.
--
Microsoft Beta Tester
Member since 2005

"Robert" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> following error code: 0xc004f035
>
> if run following task you will get the error message
> C:\Windows\system32>slui.exe 0x2a 0xc004f035
>
> It's a new Computer delivered with no operating system(Dell Precision 490).
> First i installed vista. That was no Problem. Then i added the kms adress
> (slmgr.vbs -skms <ip>:<port>). Then i did slmgr.vbs -ato. Now i got the error
> message.
>
> I installed XP Pro and upgraded to Vista because I fond on this page a
> possible sulution
> (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w...bb286760.aspx). I got the
> same error.
>
> I hope you can help me
>
> Yours sencierly
> Robert
>
> PS: Sorry for my bad english

=?Utf-8?B?Q0JNYXN0ZXI=?=

RE: Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
I did slui.exe and did the operation, and slui.exe returned with:
[Window Title]
Unexpected error

[Main Instruction]
An error has occurred

[Content]
Code:
0xC004F035

The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be
activated with a Volume license product key. Volume-licensed systems require
upgrading from a qualifying operating system. Please contact your system
administrator or use a different type of key.

You can also contact [OEMName] by phone to help resolve this problem.

[Close]

So basically you are trying to activate Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, or
Ultimate, and those are not supported.

--
Microsoft Beta Tester
Member since 2005

"CBMaster" wrote:

> Well if it is going to be activated against a KMS (Key Management Service) it
> should be either Business or Enterprise edition.
>
> KMS is used by businesses and corporations to activate their VLK Vista
> without contacting Microsoft servers, and the computers have to be
> reactivated every 180 days. However, in order for a KMS server to be fully
> functional and to activate all Windows Vista Business/Enterprise that connect
> to it with the appropiate VLK key will be activated.
>
> Make sure you are using a key that the server administrator of your business
> or corporation that is unique and is genuine, otherwise you will have a
> non-genuine Windows Vista, and that's not good.
>
> I found an article on TechNet of a guide of Volume Activation 2.0:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...n/faq.mspx#EUB
>
> These KMS problems should be reported to your business or corporation's
> server administrator, and they will help you in getting your business PC
> activated with their KMS server. Otherwise, I'm suspecting that you are
> trying to activate a non-genuine Windows Vista.
> --
> Microsoft Beta Tester
> Member since 2005
>

> "Robert" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > following error code: 0xc004f035
> >
> > if run following task you will get the error message
> > C:\Windows\system32>slui.exe 0x2a 0xc004f035
> >
> > It's a new Computer delivered with no operating system(Dell Precision 490).
> > First i installed vista. That was no Problem. Then i added the kms adress
> > (slmgr.vbs -skms <ip>:<port>). Then i did slmgr.vbs -ato. Now i got the error
> > message.
> >
> > I installed XP Pro and upgraded to Vista because I fond on this page a
> > possible sulution
> > (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w...bb286760.aspx). I got the
> > same error.
> >
> > I hope you can help me
> >
> > Yours sencierly
> > Robert
> >
> > PS: Sorry for my bad english

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0?=

RE: Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
Hello Darrell,

I am using the Business edition.
The Problem is just at this machines. The KMS is still running with other 30
machines.

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hello Robert,
> Since the machine was shipped with no operating system, you will get that
> error message with a Volume Licensing media installation.
> What edition are you trying to install?
> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

> --------------------
> |>From: =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0?= <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com>
> |>Subject: Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
> |>Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:11:15 -0700
> |>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
> |>
> |>Hello,
> |>
> |>following error code: 0xc004f035
> |>
> |>if run following task you will get the error message
> |>C:\Windows\system32>slui.exe 0x2a 0xc004f035
> |>
> |>It's a new Computer delivered with no operating system(Dell Precision
> 490).
> |>First i installed vista. That was no Problem. Then i added the kms adress
> |>(slmgr.vbs -skms <ip>:<port>). Then i did slmgr.vbs -ato. Now i got the
> error
> |>message.
> |>
> |>I installed XP Pro and upgraded to Vista because I fond on this page a
> |>possible sulution
> |>(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w...bb286760.aspx). I got
> the
> |>same error.
> |>
> |>I hope you can help me
> |>
> |>Yours sencierly
> |>Robert
> |>
> |>PS: Sorry for my bad english

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0?=

RE: Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
Hello CBMaster,

no im trying to activate the Business editon.
with the same installationmedia I installed 30 other machines an there was
no Problem.

"CBMaster" wrote:

> [...]
> > server administrator, and they will help you in getting your business PC
> > activated with their KMS server. Otherwise, I'm suspecting that you are
> > trying to activate a non-genuine Windows Vista.
> > --
> > Microsoft Beta Tester
> > Member since 2005
> >

> > "Robert" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > following error code: 0xc004f035
> > >
> > > if run following task you will get the error message
> > > C:\Windows\system32>slui.exe 0x2a 0xc004f035
> > >
> > > It's a new Computer delivered with no operating system(Dell Precision 490).
> > > First i installed vista. That was no Problem. Then i added the kms adress
> > > (slmgr.vbs -skms <ip>:<port>). Then i did slmgr.vbs -ato. Now i got the error
> > > message.
> > >
> > > I installed XP Pro and upgraded to Vista because I fond on this page a

Run slmgr -dlv
Were all the other machines from Dell shipped without an operating system
as well?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|>From: =?Utf-8?B?Um9iZXJ0?= <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com>
|>Subject: RE: Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
|>Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:13:01 -0700
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|>Hello Darrell,
|>
|>I am using the Business edition.
|>The Problem is just at this machines. The KMS is still running with other
30
|>machines.
|>
|>""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:
|>
|>> Hello Robert,
|>> Since the machine was shipped with no operating system, you will get
that
|>> error message with a Volume Licensing media installation.
|>> What edition are you trying to install?
|>> Thanks,
|>> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
|>>
|>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights
|>> --------------------

|>> 490).
|>> error

|>> the

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

RE: Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
Hello
the issue here is that the machine was shipped from the OEM without an
operating system and you are trying to use VL media with KMS to activate.

KMS Activation of OEM Computers
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...n/volact1.mspx

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|>From: Darrellg@online.microsoft.com ("Darrell Gorter[MSFT]")
|>Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:12:53 GMT
|>Subject: RE: Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|>Hello Robert,
|>Run slmgr -dlv
|>Were all the other machines from Dell shipped without an operating system
|>as well?
|>Thanks,
|>Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
|>
|>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
|>--------------------

|>30

|>that

|>rights

Precision
|>adress
|>the

|>got

=?Utf-8?B?Q0JNYXN0ZXI=?=

RE: Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
Are you the system admin? If not, check with him...

If you are, then check with the KMS server. Make sure you have the KMS port
open on the server and open on your Vista installation should a firewall or
router be blocking access.

I found a link from a blog site that states the common errors and problems
when activating Vista with your KMS server.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/1...th-kms-server/

If that doesn't work, then there is a last resort.

1. Reinstall Windows Vista Business as a clean installation WITHOUT entering
a product key.
2. Right click on Command Prompt, and choose Run as administrator. Accept
the controversial UAC prompt.
3. Type "slmgr.vbs -skms <server>"
(You may add port but it is not necessary unless you changed KMS port)

A pop-up message should say: Key Management Service machine name set to
<server>:<port> successfully

4. Type "slmgr.vbs -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX" with the Xs being
your product key.

A pop-up message should say: Product key installed successfully.

5. Finally, type "slmgr.vbs -ato". The command will activate Windows Vista
against the KMS server and you should get a final prompt saying that Vista
has been activated.

Now after 180 days, all you need to do to reactivate is to use slui.exe or
just type "slmgr.vbs -ato" on an elevated command prompt and thats it.

ALTERNATIVE: If you do not want to reinstall Vista, you can always use
"slmgr.vbs -upk" to clear the product key from Vista, and "slmgr.vbs -ckms"
to clear the KMS server registration on Vista so you can try again.

Reply to see if it is a success.

--
Microsoft Beta Tester
Member since 2005

"Robert" wrote:

> Hello CBMaster,
>
> no im trying to activate the Business editon.
> with the same installationmedia I installed 30 other machines an there was
> no Problem.
>
> "CBMaster" wrote:
>
> > I did slui.exe and did the operation, and slui.exe returned with:
> > [Window Title]
> > Unexpected error
> >
> > [Main Instruction]
> > An error has occurred
> >
> > [Content]
> > Code:
> > 0xC004F035

> > The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be
> > activated with a Volume license product key. Volume-licensed systems require
> > upgrading from a qualifying operating system. Please contact your system
> > administrator or use a different type of key.
> >

> > You can also contact [OEMName] by phone to help resolve this problem.
> >
> > [Close]
> >
> > So basically you are trying to activate Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, or
> > Ultimate, and those are not supported.
> >
> > --
> > Microsoft Beta Tester
> > Member since 2005
> >

> > "CBMaster" wrote:
> >
> > > Well if it is going to be activated against a KMS (Key Management Service) it
> > > should be either Business or Enterprise edition.
> > >
> > > KMS is used by businesses and corporations to activate their VLK Vista
> > > without contacting Microsoft servers, and the computers have to be
> > > reactivated every 180 days. However, in order for a KMS server to be fully
> > > functional and to activate all Windows Vista Business/Enterprise that connect
> > > to it with the appropiate VLK key will be activated.
> > >
> > > Make sure you are using a key that the server administrator of your business
> > > or corporation that is unique and is genuine, otherwise you will have a
> > > non-genuine Windows Vista, and that's not good.
> > >
> > > I found an article on TechNet of a guide of Volume Activation 2.0:
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...n/faq.mspx#EUB
> > >
> > > These KMS problems should be reported to your business or corporation's
> > > server administrator, and they will help you in getting your business PC
> > > activated with their KMS server. Otherwise, I'm suspecting that you are
> > > trying to activate a non-genuine Windows Vista.
> > > --
> > > Microsoft Beta Tester
> > > Member since 2005

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

RE: Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
Hello,
This really appears to be a hardware issue.
His Dell machine shipped without an OS, which is why he is getting the
error that he is seeing.

See this section in the link:
KMS Activation of OEM Computers
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...n/volact1.mspx

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
|>From: =?Utf-8?B?Q0JNYXN0ZXI=?= <CBMaster@discussions.microsoft.com>
|>Subject: RE: Error by aktivate Vista by KMS
|>Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:40:18 -0700
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|>Are you the system admin? If not, check with him...
|>
|>If you are, then check with the KMS server. Make sure you have the KMS
port
|>open on the server and open on your Vista installation should a firewall
or
|>router be blocking access.
|>
|>I found a link from a blog site that states the common errors and
problems
|>when activating Vista with your KMS server.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/1...blems-when-act
ivating-windows-vista-with-kms-server/