activation

Essa

activation
Hi, I have reinstalled my windows vista home premium and i have entered the
key in the middle of installation and now there is only 1 day left for the
automatic activation. however i want to activate it right now after clicking
on Activate Windows Now it says
" The product key you typed is already in use, To activate windows you will
need another Windows Vista Home Premium key "
What does this all means, do i have to purchase a new windows vista key now?
David B.

Re: activation
Use the phone activation method.

--

----

"Essa" <Essa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have reinstalled my windows vista home premium and i have entered
> the
> key in the middle of installation and now there is only 1 day left for the
> automatic activation. however i want to activate it right now after
> clicking
> on Activate Windows Now it says
> " The product key you typed is already in use, To activate windows you
> will
> need another Windows Vista Home Premium key "
> What does this all means, do i have to purchase a new windows vista key
> now?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: activation
1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in: slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation (no charge).

5. Once completed, restart your computer.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Essa" wrote:

Hi, I have reinstalled my windows vista home premium and i have entered the
key in the middle of installation and now there is only 1 day left for the
automatic activation. however i want to activate it right now after clicking
on Activate Windows Now it says
" The product key you typed is already in use, To activate windows you will
need another Windows Vista Home Premium key "
What does this all means, do i have to purchase a new windows vista key now?
Brink

Re: activation

Essa;687196 Wrote:
> Hi, I have reinstalled my windows vista home premium and i have entered
> the
> key in the middle of installation and now there is only 1 day left for
> the
> automatic activation. however i want to activate it right now after
> clicking
> on Activate Windows Now it says
> " The product key you typed is already in use, To activate windows you
> will
> need another Windows Vista Home Premium key "
> What does this all means, do i have to purchase a new windows vista key
> now?

Hi Essa,

This usually happens when you make certain hardware changes or
sometimes with a BIOS or chipset driver change. Vista just thinks that
you are trying to activate it on another computer while it is still
installed on another computer. You will just need to do a phone
activation to have it activated again on your computer. You will not
need to purchase another product key number unless you are trying to
activate it on more than one computer. This tutorial will show you how
to do a phone activation if needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/84...sta-phone.html

Shawn

--