I cannot Install Vista SP1

Joe Smith XXI

I cannot Install Vista SP1
I wasn't sure where to put this so since thiswas installation... I decided to
put it here... I have tried to let it install for 2-3 hours and there hasn't
been a single change in the status... It never downloaded with Windows Update
and whenI try and do it manually (by downloading) It seems to freexe up and
never move again... I have an excellent computer which(for those of u who
know what it is) can run crysis fairly well so I don''t think it is
anbottleneck thing... any ideas?
philo

Re: I cannot Install Vista SP1

"Joe Smith XXI" <JoeSmithXXI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I wasn't sure where to put this so since thiswas installation... I decided

> put it here... I have tried to let it install for 2-3 hours and there

hasn't
> been a single change in the status... It never downloaded with Windows

Update
> and whenI try and do it manually (by downloading) It seems to freexe up

and
> never move again... I have an excellent computer which(for those of u who
> know what it is) can run crysis fairly well so I don''t think it is
> anbottleneck thing... any ideas?

Though I don't know if SP1 breaks the diagnostic...
if you are experiencing an emergency & need to test your memory ASAP

you can always make a boot floppy or cd

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

"philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "Joe Smith XXI" <JoeSmithXXI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I wasn't sure where to put this so since thiswas installation... I

decided
> > put it here... I have tried to let it install for 2-3 hours and there

> hasn't
> > been a single change in the status... It never downloaded with Windows

> Update
> > and whenI try and do it manually (by downloading) It seems to freexe up

> and
> > never move again... I have an excellent computer which(for those of u

who
> > know what it is) can run crysis fairly well so I don''t think it is
> > anbottleneck thing... any ideas?

> Though I don't know if SP1 breaks the diagnostic...
> if you are experiencing an emergency & need to test your memory ASAP
>
> you can always make a boot floppy or cd
>
> http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

oops
Sorry I replied to the wrong post.

Joe Smith XXI

Re: I cannot Install Vista SP1
I mean it won't move inside the installation box... i can close out and still
run my computer...

> I mean it won't move inside the installation box... i can close out and

still
> run my computer...

I had replied to the wrong thread, sorry.

But as to SP1....I had trouble applying it too
I tried everything I could think of...then eventually installed it in the
quiet mode and for whatever reason ...it worked.

I just renamed it sp1.exe

then from the command line I tried : SP1.exe /q