Activating again, possible?

Damienn

Activating again, possible?
I have purchased a new PC with Windows Vista Home Premium installed by
manufacturer. However, I want to uninstall Windows, format disk, and install
it again by myself. Because the manufacturer did not partitioned the disk to
parts. I want to partition it to 3 volumes.

The point I want to ask is whether I can use the same license key again
after reinstallation. Will not it lose its availibility, will it?

Thanks for your help.
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Activating again, possible?
Yes, you can install or reinstall Windows Vista as many
times as you wish, as long as it is installed on the same
computer. If you cannot successfully activate Vista via
the internet, then follow this procedure:

1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in: slui.exe 4

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Select your Country.

4. Follow the instructions for phone activation (no charge).

5. Once completed, restart your computer.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Damienn" wrote:

I have purchased a new PC with Windows Vista Home Premium installed by
manufacturer. However, I want to uninstall Windows, format disk, and install
it again by myself. Because the manufacturer did not partitioned the disk to
parts. I want to partition it to 3 volumes.

The point I want to ask is whether I can use the same license key again
after reinstallation. Will not it lose its availibility, will it?

Thanks for your help.
philo

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgamil.com> wrote in message
> Yes, you can install or reinstall Windows Vista as many
> times as you wish, as long as it is installed on the same
> computer. If you cannot successfully activate Vista via
> the internet, then follow this procedure:
>
> 1. Click on the Start button and in the Start Search box type in:

slui.exe 4

> 2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
>
> 3. Select your Country.
>
> 4. Follow the instructions for phone activation (no charge).
>
> 5. Once completed, restart your computer.

Why reinstall?

Vista has non-destructive repartitioning capabilites

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...4f4cc1033.mspx

Brink

Damienn;686702 Wrote:
> I have purchased a new PC with Windows Vista Home Premium installed by
> manufacturer. However, I want to uninstall Windows, format disk, and
> install
> it again by myself. Because the manufacturer did not partitioned the
> disk to
> parts. I want to partition it to 3 volumes.
>
> The point I want to ask is whether I can use the same license key again
> after reinstallation. Will not it lose its availibility, will it?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Hi Damienn,

You can use Disk Management to shrink the drive into 2 partitions, then
again to shrink the 2nd partition to create a total of 3 partitions.
This tutorial will show you how to without losing any data or
reinstalling Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/95...partition.html

Hope this helps you,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
prasad

"Brink" wrote:

> Damienn;686702 Wrote:
> > I have purchased a new PC with Windows Vista Home Premium installed by
> > manufacturer. However, I want to uninstall Windows, format disk, and
> > install
> > it again by myself. Because the manufacturer did not partitioned the
> > disk to
> > parts. I want to partition it to 3 volumes.
> >
> > The point I want to ask is whether I can use the same license key again
> > after reinstallation. Will not it lose its availibility, will it?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

> Hi Damienn,

Rather than reinstalling windows vista, you can use disk management to
shrink the partitions without losing any data or reinstalling the OS

Can check this url
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/95...partition.html
Damienn

RE: Activating again, possible?
Thank you guys. I haven't known that feature of Vista. Now there is no need
to reinstall.

"Damienn" <Damienn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you guys. I haven't known that feature of Vista. Now there is no

need
> to reinstall.
>
> "philo" wrote:
>

> > Vista has non-destructive repartitioning capabilites

I've used it and it works fine...though I believe it is advisable to defrag
the drive first

Brink

Damienn;687084 Wrote:
> Thank you guys. I haven't known that feature of Vista. Now there is no
> need
> to reinstall.
>
> "philo" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Vista has non-destructive repartitioning capabilites

Your welcome Damienn.