Vista Ultimate Upgrade Fails - Freeze at Completing Upgrade(Install)

The Primate

Vista Ultimate Upgrade Fails - Freeze at Completing Upgrade(Install)
First time on upgrade everything went well until the end, then
"Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install
Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation."
Subsequent times after this froze on "Installing update", mouse was
frozen.

Running windows vista advisor 1.0 tells me my Nvidia 8800 GT will not
work with Vista. Now thats pretty strange, it worked fine with home
premium before the upgrade not to mention it is a fairly recent card
with upgraded drivers.

Before I try again, I have read about some problems with Sata but had
no problems previous. Just to be sure I opened my case and noticed my
drive was attached to Sata3, moved it to Sata 1. Also removed and ide
backdrive. Also I'll probably remove all usb external devices except
keyboard and remove the side of my computer case just in case
overheating was an issue.

Any ideas?
Is there a log file somewhere that might tell me what went wrong?

The Primate on Google Groups
The Primate

Re: Vista Ultimate Upgrade Fails - Freeze at CompletingUpgrade(Install)
Sorry for the double posting, my last posts are not visible in Windows
Mail but are here in Google Groups.

RT

Re: Vista Ultimate Upgrade Fails - Freeze at Completing Upgrade(Install)
The answer seems to be remove all usb/wireless devices. After hooking mouse
and keyboard directly to the computer the upgrade succeded. A problem with
blue screen upon rebooting was solved by booting linux and removing the
offending sys file (daemon tools) from windows/system32/drivers.