Vista Ultimate Upgade - freezes at end on Installing update, mouse frozen

RT

Vista Ultimate Upgade - freezes at end on Installing update, mouse frozen
Everything runs fine to the end. The first time I was greeted with "Windows
could not configure one or more system components To install Windows,
restart the computer and then restart the installation" Every subsequent
try after this simply froze at the end on "Installing update". The mouse
was frozen and I had to reboot and rollback.

I run windows update vista advisor and it tells me my Nividai GEForce 8800
will not work in Windows Vista. Now thats kinda strange as it worked fine
in Home Premium Edition not to mention it's a fairly new card with vista
drivers.

I was thinking maybe try the ms generic video driver, unhooking all usb.

Any ideas how to get around this?
Is there a log file I can view that will give me an idea exactlly what
caused the failure?
Also I have a directory called $UPGRADE.~OS left on drive c: Should I
erase?

Rob

RT

Re: Vista Ultimate Upgade - freezes at end on Installing update, mouse frozen
Where did my post goto?

First time on upgrade everything went well until the end, then "Windows
could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows,
restart the computer and then restart the installation." Subsequent times
after this froze on "Installing update", mouse was frozen.

Running windows vista advisor 1.0 tells me my Nvidia 8800 GT will not work
with Vista. Now thats pretty strange, it worked fine with home premium
before the upgrade not to mention it is a fairly recent card with upgraded
drivers.

Before I try again, I have read about some problems with Sata but had no
problems previous. Just to be sure I opened my case and noticed my drive
was attached to Sata3, moved it to Sata 1. Also removed and ide backdrive.
Also I'll probably remove all usb external devices except keyboard and
remove the side of my computer case just in case overheating was an issue.

Any ideas?
Is there a log file somewhere that might tell me what went wrong?

Rob