important my pc is in danger

Gui..

important my pc is in danger
Hi there everyone!

This post isn't about updates,but how I didn't find the right discussion to
post it,I wrote here.

My windows has the antivirus avast but today when I turned the machine on,I
received a message from avast that said my computer was completely in danger
because the antivirus was uninstalled!I don't really know the reason,but I
don't know what to do..maybe I should call the man that set my pc but
meanwhile,am I really in danger with no antivirus? How did the antivirus
expired??

philo

Re: important my pc is in danger

"Gui.." <Gui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there everyone!
>
> This post isn't about updates,but how I didn't find the right discussion

> post it,I wrote here.
>
> My windows has the antivirus avast but today when I turned the machine

on,I
> received a message from avast that said my computer was completely in

danger
> because the antivirus was uninstalled!I don't really know the reason,but I
> don't know what to do..maybe I should call the man that set my pc but
> meanwhile,am I really in danger with no antivirus? How did the antivirus
> expired??

Yes...you need to have a virus checker installed
and updated frequently

Malke

Gui.. wrote:

> Hi there everyone!
>
> This post isn't about updates,but how I didn't find the right discussion
> to post it,I wrote here.
>
> My windows has the antivirus avast but today when I turned the machine
> on,I received a message from avast that said my computer was completely in
> danger because the antivirus was uninstalled!I don't really know the
> reason,but I don't know what to do..maybe I should call the man that set
> my pc but meanwhile,am I really in danger with no antivirus? How did the
> antivirus expired??

You would really have to quote the exact text of the message you received
for me to give you a definitive answer. You may be getting a message from a
rogue program and not Avast at all. There is no way for me to tell. In any
case, your next step should be to determine for sure whether the computer
is virus/malware-free or not.

Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to do
all scans in Safe Mode. Please see the special Notes regarding using
Multi_AV in Vista.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Multi-AV - instructions
http://tinyurl.com/yoeru3 - download link and more instructions

When all else fails, get guided help. Choose one of the specialty forums
listed at the first link. Register and read its posting FAQ. You will
generally be asked to:

1. Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT) -
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...HJTInstall.exe

2. Disable Notepad's word wrap - In Notepad.exe; Format --> uncheck; "Word
wrap"

3. Download/run Deckard's System Scanner -
http://www.techsupportforum.com/sect...eckard/dss.exe

4. Save the scan results (Main.txt and Extra.txt)

5. And then post the contents of Main.txt and Extra.txt in your post at the
forum you chose. DO NOT POST LOGS IN THE MS NEWSGROUPS.

Standard disclaimer: I can't see and test your computer myself, so these are
just suggestions based on many years of being a professional computer tech;
suggestions based on what you've written. You should not take my
suggestions as a definitive diagnosis. If you can't do the work yourself
(and there is no shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea), take the
machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your local equivalent
of BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). Please be aware that not all local shops
are skilled at removing malware and even if they are, your computer may be
so infested that Windows will need to be clean-installed. If possible, have
all your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Gui..

Re: important my pc is in danger
hiii and thx for the answer but it's too complicated,i'm jus a
four****-year-old boy i don't understand a lot bout these things...but see
the part u told me that the message i was receiving could not be from avast
but from a malware program...so do i need to use windows defender to detect
if there's any spyware in my pc??

"Malke" wrote:

> Gui.. wrote:
>
> > Hi there everyone!
> >
> > This post isn't about updates,but how I didn't find the right discussion
> > to post it,I wrote here.
> >
> > My windows has the antivirus avast but today when I turned the machine
> > on,I received a message from avast that said my computer was completely in
> > danger because the antivirus was uninstalled!I don't really know the
> > reason,but I don't know what to do..maybe I should call the man that set
> > my pc but meanwhile,am I really in danger with no antivirus? How did the
> > antivirus expired??

> You would really have to quote the exact text of the message you received
> for me to give you a definitive answer. You may be getting a message from a
> rogue program and not Avast at all. There is no way for me to tell. In any
> case, your next step should be to determine for sure whether the computer
> is virus/malware-free or not.
>
> Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -
>
> Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to do
> all scans in Safe Mode. Please see the special Notes regarding using
> Multi_AV in Vista.
>
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Multi-AV - instructions
> http://tinyurl.com/yoeru3 - download link and more instructions
>
> When all else fails, get guided help. Choose one of the specialty forums
> listed at the first link. Register and read its posting FAQ. You will
> generally be asked to:
>
> 1. Download and execute HiJack This! (HJT) -
> http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...HJTInstall.exe
>
> 2. Disable Notepad's word wrap - In Notepad.exe; Format --> uncheck; "Word
> wrap"
>
> 3. Download/run Deckard's System Scanner -
> http://www.techsupportforum.com/sect...eckard/dss.exe
>
> 4. Save the scan results (Main.txt and Extra.txt)
>
> 5. And then post the contents of Main.txt and Extra.txt in your post at the
> forum you chose. DO NOT POST LOGS IN THE MS NEWSGROUPS.
>
> Standard disclaimer: I can't see and test your computer myself, so these are
> just suggestions based on many years of being a professional computer tech;
> suggestions based on what you've written. You should not take my
> suggestions as a definitive diagnosis. If you can't do the work yourself
> (and there is no shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea), take the
> machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your local equivalent
> of BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). Please be aware that not all local shops
> are skilled at removing malware and even if they are, your computer may be
> so infested that Windows will need to be clean-installed. If possible, have
> all your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Mick Murphy

Re: important my pc is in danger
If you are using Avast free 4 home, did you register it?

When you 1st install it, it is a FREE demo mode for 2 months.

You go to their website, register(which includes your email address); they
send you a Registration Key for the Program, you insert it in the Anti-virus
Program, and then you have another 12 months FREE Anti-virus, as well as the
origional 2 months.

Then each year, you go there, and get a NEW Registration Key(FREE), for the
following year.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Gui.." wrote:

> [...]

> > 5. And then post the contents of Main.txt and Extra.txt in your post at the
> > forum you chose. DO NOT POST LOGS IN THE MS NEWSGROUPS.
> >
> > Standard disclaimer: I can't see and test your computer myself, so these are
> > just suggestions based on many years of being a professional computer tech;
> > suggestions based on what you've written. You should not take my
> > suggestions as a definitive diagnosis. If you can't do the work yourself
> > (and there is no shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea), take the
> > machine to a professional computer repair shop (not your local equivalent
> > of BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). Please be aware that not all local shops
> > are skilled at removing malware and even if they are, your computer may be
> > so infested that Windows will need to be clean-installed. If possible, have
> > all your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop.

Andrew Murray

Re: important my pc is in danger
This group's not about "updates" either. It's about setup and installation
of Vista....

"Gui.." <Gui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there everyone!
>
> This post isn't about updates,but how I didn't find the right discussion
> post it,I wrote here.
>
> My windows has the antivirus avast but today when I turned the machine
> on,I
> received a message from avast that said my computer was completely in
> danger
> because the antivirus was uninstalled!I don't really know the reason,but I
> don't know what to do..maybe I should call the man that set my pc but
> meanwhile,am I really in danger with no antivirus? How did the antivirus
> expired??

Malke

Gui.. wrote:

> hiii and thx for the answer but it's too complicated,i'm jus a
> four****-year-old boy i don't understand a lot bout these things...but see
> the part u told me that the message i was receiving could not be from
> avast but from a malware program...so do i need to use windows defender to
> detect if there's any spyware in my pc??

Windows Defender will not be much help in your situation. You need to tell
your parents that your computer has to be fixed. They can follow the
information I previously gave you or take the computer to a professional.
Again, do not use someone from BigComputerStore/Geek Squad.

If you don't want to tell your parents because you know you messed up your
computer and they will be angry at you, then the only alternative is to
back up your data and restore the computer to factory condition by whatever
method the computer mftr. provided.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
HighNoon

Re: important my pc is in danger
This was a real useful answer, I do not know why the word "bully" comes to
mind when I read it. Why does it hurt to try and help someone out even if
they posted it the wrong place. It takes as much effort to make an useless,
bullying response as it takes to make an useful response. The poster
acknowledged that he could not "...find the right discussion to post it....",
why make an issue out of instead of providing some help? Whoops, I think I
know the answer, you needed to overcome your lack of self esteem by
belittleing someone else. Bet you were a fun guy to be around on the school
grounds when you were a kid.

"Andrew Murray" wrote:

> This group's not about "updates" either. It's about setup and installation
> of Vista....
>
> "Gui.." <Gui@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there everyone!
> >
> > This post isn't about updates,but how I didn't find the right discussion
> > post it,I wrote here.
> >
> > My windows has the antivirus avast but today when I turned the machine
> > on,I
> > received a message from avast that said my computer was completely in
> > danger
> > because the antivirus was uninstalled!I don't really know the reason,but I
> > don't know what to do..maybe I should call the man that set my pc but
> > meanwhile,am I really in danger with no antivirus? How did the antivirus
> > expired??

Gui..

"Malke" wrote:

> Gui.. wrote:
>
> > hiii and thx for the answer but it's too complicated,i'm jus a
> > four****-year-old boy i don't understand a lot bout these things...but see
> > the part u told me that the message i was receiving could not be from
> > avast but from a malware program...so do i need to use windows defender to
> > detect if there's any spyware in my pc??

> Windows Defender will not be much help in your situation. You need to tell
> your parents that your computer has to be fixed. They can follow the
> information I previously gave you or take the computer to a professional.
> Again, do not use someone from BigComputerStore/Geek Squad.
>
> If you don't want to tell your parents because you know you messed up your
> computer and they will be angry at you, then the only alternative is to
> back up your data and restore the computer to factory condition by whatever
> method the computer mftr. provided.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> Don't Panic!

Pentagon: No signs of danger from satellite Steve Security News 0 02-25-2008 03:30
Zero Day Vulnerabilities Become the Clear and Present Danger Steve Security News 0 07-31-2007 05:43
Donuts in Danger 1.0 Gamer Games Feed 0 06-23-2007 01:26
SILENT ATTACK - The Near Danger Zone 2.5 Gamer Games Feed 0 05-21-2007 06:28
SCO Stock In Danger of Delisting, Again Steve General Technology News 0 04-13-2007 17:20