Windows Media Player the Default

Sid-M

Windows Media Player the Default
Over 3 weeks ago I posted this to
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices and never got a reply.

Whenever I insert a movie DVD disc in the drive, Windows Media Center always
opens. I have set AutoPlay to open with Windows Media Player, but Media
Center opens every time. Is there a way to make Windows Media Player start
whenever I insert a movie DVD in the drive? Thanks for any help.

Alex T. MVP

RE: Windows Media Player the Default
Have you gone into the Start Menu and used the Default Programs to change the
settings? Also open Computer>Organize>Folder Options. Choose the File tab
and select the DVD Format and change the default program there if the first
option does not work.
--
~A.K.A. Makaveli213~
~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~

"Sid-M" wrote:

> Over 3 weeks ago I posted this to
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices and never got a reply.
>
> Whenever I insert a movie DVD disc in the drive, Windows Media Center always
> opens. I have set AutoPlay to open with Windows Media Player, but Media
> Center opens every time. Is there a way to make Windows Media Player start
> whenever I insert a movie DVD in the drive? Thanks for any help.

Sid-M

Re: Windows Media Player the Default
Thanks for your reply. I tried both options, but Windows Media Center still
opens when I insert a DVD.

"Sid-M" wrote:

> Over 3 weeks ago I posted this to
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices and never got a reply.
>
> Whenever I insert a movie DVD disc in the drive, Windows Media Center
> always
> opens. I have set AutoPlay to open with Windows Media Player, but Media
> Center opens every time. Is there a way to make Windows Media Player start
> whenever I insert a movie DVD in the drive? Thanks for any help.

LoneWolf

RE: Windows Media Player the Default
Sid

There is only two places that you should have
to change to get Media Player as default.
Start>All Programs>Default Programs>
Set Your default Programs and then> Change Autoplay
Settings.

If that doesn't work there is something else wrong.

--
regards
CL