Vista Home Premium Problems

E-Layer

Vista Home Premium Problems

Hi all,

I've searched the site and cannot find a solution to my problem so if
it is out there and I've missed it I apologise.

I've got a couple of laptops running Vista Home Basic and I am happy
with the performance.

Today I bought a couple more with Vista Home Premium pre-installed and
I'm unimpressed to say the least.

I've spent the best part of the day trying to download and install
messenger but keep getting messages telling me I do not have permission
to do so and need Administrator permission.

There is only one user account which should have administrator
permissions by default (I assume). That said, I even went and enabled
the real built-in administrator account and tried to download messenger
using that account - it came up with:

::Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may
not have the appropriate permission to access the item.::

::So now I'm stumped!::

::Additionally it won't allow the installation of active x software
either.::

::I've downloaded and installed all updates, including SP1 so I am out
of ideas.::

::Any suggestions (other than beating the shopkeeper who sold me them
over the head with them)?::

::Thanks::

::E::

--
E-Layer
Mick Murphy

RE: Vista Home Premium Problems
Right-click on the setup.exe> Run as Admin.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia