Bootable Vista DVD

Young Baird

Bootable Vista DVD

Hi, As you can see im a newbie. So heres my first question...I got vista
given to me *_Leagly_* by a friend and have bought a serial. I want to
make a copy of the disc incase the other one gets damaged. I just copied
the files of the disc from the oringal disc from my dvd drive to another
DVD-RW disc in another DVD-RW Drive. All the files are on there and when
i run setup from an OS (like XP since i have vista and xp dual booting
on my pc) it works fine. But when i try to boot from it it wont boot. I
have set my DVD Drive to my 1st boot device and it will boot from the
oringal alright but not the copied one. What am i doing wrong??? I
currently dont have access to the oringal at this time but i have the
files on the copied one. What do i have to do too the disc to make it
bootable. plz Help Oh and i no this is vista 64 forums but mine is
32 bit

P.S I dont want crapy posts from people saying anything about
piracy and i tryied googleing it but without avale.

--
Young Baird
Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)

Re: Bootable Vista DVD
Young Baird wrote:
> Hi, As you can see im a newbie. So heres my first question...I got vista
> given to me *_Leagly_* by a friend and have bought a serial. I want to
> make a copy of the disc incase the other one gets damaged. I just copied
> the files of the disc from the oringal disc from my dvd drive to another
> DVD-RW disc in another DVD-RW Drive. All the files are on there and when

You don't just copy the files over. You need to copy the *whole* disc,
which includes the boot section.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.10) Linux 2.6.24.4
Mick Murphy

RE: Bootable Vista DVD
Google for how to burn an ISO Image.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Young Baird" wrote:

> Hi, As you can see im a newbie. So heres my first question...I got vista
> given to me *_Leagly_* by a friend and have bought a serial. I want to
> make a copy of the disc incase the other one gets damaged. I just copied
> the files of the disc from the oringal disc from my dvd drive to another
> DVD-RW disc in another DVD-RW Drive. All the files are on there and when
> i run setup from an OS (like XP since i have vista and xp dual booting
> on my pc) it works fine. But when i try to boot from it it wont boot. I
> have set my DVD Drive to my 1st boot device and it will boot from the
> oringal alright but not the copied one. What am i doing wrong??? I
> currently dont have access to the oringal at this time but i have the
> files on the copied one. What do i have to do too the disc to make it
> bootable. plz Help Oh and i no this is vista 64 forums but mine is
> 32 bit
>
> P.S I dont want crapy posts from people saying anything about
> piracy and i tryied googleing it but without avale.
>

> --
> Young Baird

Young Baird

Re: Bootable Vista DVD

were do i get iso image from i can burn it ok using a programme i have.
All of them are torrents, i dont trust torrents. Can you please post a
link maybe?

--
Young Baird

Windows Vista 32-bit
2.4Ghz Intel Dual Core
Nivida 8600 Graphics
Freecom DVD RW Drive
Samsung DVD Drive
22' Inch Monitor
6 Speaker System
Maxtor 250GB SATA II HDD
600W PSU
USB 802.11g Wireless
:geek:
Donald L McDaniel

Re: Bootable Vista DVD
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:21:32 -0500, Young Baird
<Young.Baird.37v883@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:

>were do i get iso image from i can burn it ok using a programme i have.
>All of them are torrents, i dont trust torrents. Can you please post a
>link maybe?

Try here:
http://www.microsoft.com/piracy

Tell us, friend:
Why would an illegally-posted link to a direct download of Vista be
any safer than a Torrent file?

Didn't you know that those who WOULD know a direct link CAN'T post it,
for legal reasons?

And didn't you know that those who would know a direct link, and who
WOULD post it might also include some of that Malware you are afraid
to get in a Torrent?

Buy a copy, friend. Your conscience would be clearer, and you would
be assured of getting a copy without malware attached, making it safer
for EVERYONE ELSE, rather than just yourself.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the correct thread and article.
Donald L McDaniel

Re: Bootable Vista DVD
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 06:54:54 -0500, Young Baird
<Young.Baird.37r6e1@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:

>Hi, As you can see im a newbie. So heres my first question...I got vista
>given to me *_Leagly_* by a friend and have bought a serial. I want to
>make a copy of the disc incase the other one gets damaged. I just copied
>the files of the disc from the oringal disc from my dvd drive to another
>DVD-RW disc in another DVD-RW Drive. All the files are on there and when
>i run setup from an OS (like XP since i have vista and xp dual booting
>on my pc) it works fine. But when i try to boot from it it wont boot. I
>have set my DVD Drive to my 1st boot device and it will boot from the
>oringal alright but not the copied one. What am i doing wrong??? I
>currently dont have access to the oringal at this time but i have the
>files on the copied one. What do i have to do too the disc to make it
>bootable. plz Help Oh and i no this is vista 64 forums but mine is
>32 bit
>
>P.S I dont want crapy posts from people saying anything about
>piracy and i tryied googleing it but without avale.

Friend, we cannot answer your question any other way than through a
"crappy post from people saying anyting about piracy..."

This is because:
1) Your friend did NOT "give you a copy _legally_". PERIOD
2) Your purchase of a "stand-alone" COA was ILLEGAL, since Microsoft
does NOT allow such sales. Therefore, the copy you received was
ILLEGAL, not LEGAL, since it was NOT transferred according to the
Vista EULA, which REQUIRES that the COA provided with the original
installation media MUST accompany the transfer.
3) Obviously, the "copy" of Vista your friend gave you was not a
licensed one. This is called "casual piracy". Apparently, it was a
"copy" of his original, which might have been a copy of someone else's
original.

Instead of "googling it without avail", try going to
http://www.microsoft.com/piracy and READING it, rather than rejecting
it outright.

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the correct thread and article.
Young Baird

Re: Bootable Vista DVD

its not illegal i just want a copy 2 keep it safe so stop pointlessly
posting

--
Young Baird

Windows Vista 32-bit