XP SP2 to Vista Business upgrade for programmer's computer

=?Utf-8?B?TWFsYXkgVGhha2Vyc2hp?=

XP SP2 to Vista Business upgrade for programmer's computer
Hi everyone,

I have read upgrade related posts but I want to know something about this
from a programmer's perspective.

I have XP SP2 and I want to do an in place upgrade to Vista Business. I have
programs like:
VS 2005
VS 2003
VS 6.0
SQL Server 2000
MSDE
XARA Webstyle
Control Suites (Infragistics Ultrasuite 1.0, Data Dynamics Active Bar 2.0,
Farpoint Spread 2.0 and many other controls that I use in VB 6.0)
Installshield Professional 6.0
Crystal Reports

Does anyone know if these programs will work after the upgrade? Please share
if you have had experience with any of the above programs.

I appreciate your time and help.

Thank you.

Malay Thakershi
=?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgTXVlbGxlcg==?=

RE: XP SP2 to Vista Business upgrade for programmer's computer
I'm curious to know as well; since I have other machine with the same
software I took one of them an just upgraded it. I'll let you know the
outcome.

Based on what I've read from a developers perspective things are going to
dramatically change due to the new Windows File System and various other
improvements.

--
Thanks,

James Mueller
http://www.sharepointcommunity.com

"Malay Thakershi" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have read upgrade related posts but I want to know something about this
> from a programmer's perspective.
>
> I have XP SP2 and I want to do an in place upgrade to Vista Business. I have
> programs like:
> VS 2005
> VS 2003
> VS 6.0
> SQL Server 2000
> MSDE
> XARA Webstyle
> Control Suites (Infragistics Ultrasuite 1.0, Data Dynamics Active Bar 2.0,
> Farpoint Spread 2.0 and many other controls that I use in VB 6.0)
> Installshield Professional 6.0
> Crystal Reports
>
> Does anyone know if these programs will work after the upgrade? Please share
> if you have had experience with any of the above programs.
>
> I appreciate your time and help.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Malay Thakershi

=?Utf-8?B?TWFsYXkgVGhha2Vyc2hp?=

RE: XP SP2 to Vista Business upgrade for programmer's computer
Thank you. I will wait for you reply.

"James Mueller" wrote:

> I'm curious to know as well; since I have other machine with the same
> software I took one of them an just upgraded it. I'll let you know the
> outcome.
>
> Based on what I've read from a developers perspective things are going to
> dramatically change due to the new Windows File System and various other
> improvements.
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> James Mueller
> http://www.sharepointcommunity.com
>

> "Malay Thakershi" wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have read upgrade related posts but I want to know something about this
> > from a programmer's perspective.
> >
> > I have XP SP2 and I want to do an in place upgrade to Vista Business. I have
> > programs like:
> > VS 2005
> > VS 2003
> > VS 6.0
> > SQL Server 2000
> > MSDE
> > XARA Webstyle
> > Control Suites (Infragistics Ultrasuite 1.0, Data Dynamics Active Bar 2.0,
> > Farpoint Spread 2.0 and many other controls that I use in VB 6.0)
> > Installshield Professional 6.0
> > Crystal Reports
> >
> > Does anyone know if these programs will work after the upgrade? Please share
> > if you have had experience with any of the above programs.
> >
> > I appreciate your time and help.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Malay Thakershi

survivalsys

Re: XP SP2 to Vista Business upgrade for programmer's computer

Hello Malay,

I'm curious, did you ever get a reply on your upgrade question since
I'm also running Installshield Professional 6.0 ?

survivalsys
cybersystems51@yahoo.com

--
survivalsys
survivalsys's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24208

http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?TWFsYXkgVGhha2Vyc2hp?=

Re: XP SP2 to Vista Business upgrade for programmer's computer
No I haven't got any reply yet. I haven't tried to upgrade myself either. I
don't know why but I feel it is too risky if I get to the point of no return
and my software stops working. There are ways like ghosting the entire drive
but I don't have time at present.

Malay

"survivalsys" wrote:

> Hello Malay,
>
> I'm curious, did you ever get a reply on your upgrade question since
> I'm also running Installshield Professional 6.0 ?
>
> survivalsys
> cybersystems51@yahoo.com
>

> --
> survivalsys
> survivalsys's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24208
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=705463
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgTXVlbGxlcg==?=

Re: XP SP2 to Vista Business upgrade for programmer's computer
I upgraded and have had no issues thus far.

--

"Malay Thakershi" wrote:

> No I haven't got any reply yet. I haven't tried to upgrade myself either. I
> don't know why but I feel it is too risky if I get to the point of no return
> and my software stops working. There are ways like ghosting the entire drive
> but I don't have time at present.
>
> Malay
>
> "survivalsys" wrote:
>

> > Hello Malay,
> >
> > I'm curious, did you ever get a reply on your upgrade question since
> > I'm also running Installshield Professional 6.0 ?
> >
> > survivalsys
> > cybersystems51@yahoo.com
> >

> > --
> > survivalsys
> > survivalsys's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=24208
> > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=705463
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?TWFsYXkgVGhha2Vyc2hp?=

Re: XP SP2 to Vista Business upgrade for programmer's computer
Thank you. I will try later this month and post my experience.