dual operating system in a raid 0 configuration xp/vista

=?Utf-8?B?amFuaXg=?=

dual operating system in a raid 0 configuration xp/vista
Is it possible to run dual operating systems xp and vista ultimate in a raid
0 configuration?
MS tells me to install xp first using the name windows xp, then after
install is complete put in the vista dvd and choose a custom install, and
create a new name for the vista installation..possibly windows vista thus
creating a new directory. I do not understand this advice. When are the
partitions created...hope that this is not a dumb question! Is this valid
advice?
=?Utf-8?B?UmljaA==?=

RE: dual operating system in a raid 0 configuration xp/vista
Vista still uses the same file system WinXP did...

It won't make partitions, just adds the Vista operating system to the
current drive and writes the needed info to the drive to make it dualboot
with a menu option at system startup to select Earlier OS or Vista.

"janix" wrote:

> Is it possible to run dual operating systems xp and vista ultimate in a raid
> 0 configuration?
> MS tells me to install xp first using the name windows xp, then after
> install is complete put in the vista dvd and choose a custom install, and
> create a new name for the vista installation..possibly windows vista thus
> creating a new directory. I do not understand this advice. When are the
> partitions created...hope that this is not a dumb question! Is this valid
> advice?

=?Utf-8?B?amFuaXg=?=

RE: dual operating system in a raid 0 configuration xp/vista
Thanks...this seems to confirm microsofts explanation.