Blue Screen/re-installation

=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZWJvdWx0b24=?=

Blue Screen/re-installation
Hi,
I am still getting the blue screen at least once a day.
This wasn't happening last week, it's just the last week it happens at least
once a day.

my question, besides why ? is,

if i put in my windows vista home premium upgrade disc, will i have the
option to repair ? or is it just going to clean install ?

i'm not interested in clean installing Again. I've had to do that twice
already.

Can anyone provide any help please?

I would most certainly appreciate it.

Thanks
mike.
mikeyhsd

Re: Blue Screen/re-installation
turn off restart on error so you can get some error information.

mikeyhsd@sport.rr.commikeyhsd@sport.rr.com

"mikeboulton" <mikeboulton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8790FFD8-5B60-4C39-8CC1-CDFB063C67BC@microsoft.com...
Hi,
I am still getting the blue screen at least once a day.
This wasn't happening last week, it's just the last week it happens at least
once a day.

my question, besides why ? is,

if i put in my windows vista home premium upgrade disc, will i have the
option to repair ? or is it just going to clean install ?

i'm not interested in clean installing Again. I've had to do that twice
already.

Can anyone provide any help please?

I would most certainly appreciate it.

Thanks
mike.
John Barnett MVP

Re: Blue Screen/re-installation
So what's changed? If it only started this week what have you added or
changed that could cause the problem? Blue screens are usually driver
related and you need to know what type of error message appears so click on
this link from my website
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/disable...mess ages.htm
and disable the auto restart so you can actually see the error on the blue
screen without the computer just flashing thse screen blue and then
restarting.

Alternatively, as the problem didn't exist last week have you tired doing a
system restore to a point prior to when the problem started, i.e., sometime
last week? (assuming you have a restore point available) Click Start
button>all programs>accessories>system tools>system restore.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"mikeboulton" <mikeboulton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am still getting the blue screen at least once a day.
> This wasn't happening last week, it's just the last week it happens at
> least
> once a day.
>
> my question, besides why ? is,
>
> if i put in my windows vista home premium upgrade disc, will i have the
> option to repair ? or is it just going to clean install ?
>
> i'm not interested in clean installing Again. I've had to do that twice
> already.
>
> Can anyone provide any help please?
>
> I would most certainly appreciate it.
>
> Thanks
> mike.

=?Utf-8?B?bWljaGFlbCBi?=

Re: Blue Screen/re-installation
Not much has changed
I got the first BScreen when i tried to do my defragmentation
i cannot do a disk error check, that brings blue screen
no disk defragmentation, that brings blue screen

if i system restore to last week (tried 3 times), that bring a blue screen
too.

So i'm not sure what to do.

I appreciate the help though, so thank you !

Mike