WinDbg symbols at vista

Jake_Fin

WinDbg symbols at vista
Hi,
Im new with Windbg.
I have problem related to different topic. there I need to analyse dump, but
I cannot set right symbols to win debugger.
I have home premium Vista and its installed with my language. So I dont have
SP1 yet.
I have downloaded symbols
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevToo...symbolpkg.mspx -->Windows
Vista RTM symbols-> Windows Vista RTM x86 retail symbols, all languages .
Then ive used straight download with debugger. Is there any admin issues, or
something other issue to be notedwith Vista debugging.

Nothing seems to work.
Debug results below.

!analyze -v
*
*
* Bugcheck Analysis
*
*
*

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000020, a pool block header size is corrupt.
Arg2: fe22f4f0, The pool entry we were looking for within the page.
Arg3: fe22f4f0, The next pool entry.
Arg4: 4a000008, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------

***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

*** ***
*** ***
*** Your debugger is not using the correct symbols ***
*** ***
*** In order for this command to work properly, your symbol path ***
*** must point to .pdb files that have full type information. ***
*** ***
*** Certain .pdb files (such as the public OS symbols) do not ***
*** contain the required information. Contact the group that ***
*** provided you with these symbols if you need this command to ***
*** work. ***
*** ***
*** Type referenced: nt!_KPRCB ***
*** ***
*** ***
*** ***
[...]

Rick Rogers

Re: WinDbg symbols at vista
Hi,

From Windbg, click File/Symbol path, copy/paste the following:

SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jake_Fin" <jarkko.ruottinen@mail.suomi.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> *** work. ***
> *** ***
> *** Type referenced: nt!_KPRCB ***
> *** ***
> ************************************************** ***********************
> ************************************************** ***********************
> *** ***
> *** ***
> *** Your debugger is not using the correct symbols ***
> *** ***
> *** In order for this command to work properly, your symbol path ***
> *** must point to .pdb files that have full type information. ***
> *** ***
> *** Certain .pdb files (such as the public OS symbols) do not ***
> *** contain the required information. Contact the group that ***
> *** provided you with these symbols if you need this command to ***

Jake_Fin

Re: WinDbg symbols at vista
Thanks